NFL Thread

It is amazing how NFL is the only sport where any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. Besides a couple of horribly run franchises (Oakland/Buffalo) we cannot write off any team from making the playoffs. Name me one other sport that is as evenly distributed in terms of talent and competitiveness as the NFL…

^ bocce ball

The key word is franchise. It’s the only team sport left where you have to work to build up your team. You can’t make blockbuster trades and change your whole organization in one year. This is why I love football I get a similar product every year. I don’t feel buyer’s remorse like I do when the Yankees become the Pinstripe BoSox. You may lose a key element of your team, but turnover is never that high it’s unfamiliar.

PS. Please don’t come in here trolling about soccer because I see the headlines about you guys selling your players out to highest bidders

That’s what a real salary cap helps accomplish. I think the NHL has done a decent job of creating parity as well. In the past 10 NHL seasons, 15 different teams have been to the Stanley Cup Finals and there have been 8 different winners.

Seahawks and (especially) 49er’s are not that great, and I think Fisher knows how to handle them better than pretty much any other coach. If there is intelligent play at QB, and the secondary and OL don’t collapse due to injury like in years past, then it will be very close.

My predictions:

Jets will have a better record than the Giants

Bears will come in 3rd in their division

Atlanta will still suck and Mike Smith needs to go

Russell Wilson will be unleashed this year reaching elite status

Eagles will steamroll through the NFC East

Houston will have a better record than the Colts

Division winners: Pats, Steelers, Broncos, colts, eagles, bears, saints, 49ers. Wild cards: ravens, chiefs, panthers, Seahawks.

^ You forgot the Packers in there.

Divison winners - Eagles, Saints, Packers, Cardinals; Pats, Bengals, Houston, Broncos.

Wild cards - Seahawks, Niners, Colts, Steelers

Division winners: Eagles, Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Pats, Broncos, Bengals, Houston

Wildcards - Niners, Detroit, Jets, Indy

This is what I hate about baseball. You basically know who is and isn’t going to make the playoffs before the season even starts, and then just have 162 games to watch the highly predictable unfold. This exists in every sport to some extent imo, but wud agree the least in football. Pats 18-1. lol

The Chiefs will win the AFC West after Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning break each other’s hands during a pre-game high-five.

Oakland still manages to come in last.

Josh Gordon - suspended for the year

We can agree on this and both look forward to it. I have no stake in the AFC but want to see Oakland fans suffer.

lynch and harvin better produce, just sayin

People are doubting the Hawks as if last year they weren’t the most dominant team the NFL has seen in years. The Super Bowl was embarrassing and not because the Broncos played a bad game. Stop making excuses people, the Broncos GOT DOMINATED by a superior team, it wasn’t that Manning had a bad day. The Hawks might be even better this year.

The replacement refs won’t be there to help them next week.

Predictions: AFC: Pats, Bengals, Colts, Broncos, wildcards: KC, Houston

NFC: Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Seahawks, wildcards: Cardinals, Rams

AFC - Looks good but wildcards for Ravens and chargers.

NFC - I would put Green Bay over Lions and Saints/Falcons over Panthers. Wildcard to Bears instead of Rams.

In other news, Michael Sam is looking to sign with America’s Team. Looks like Mr. Jones is trying to clean up his tarnished image.