No bailout agreement

This is really exciting. Maybe we can have a cane fight in Congress like the good old days.

Or a duel.

I demand satisfaction.

I’ll volunteer to duel Paulson on Mall in front of the capital. “This is my town! I run everything! If you live to see the dawn, it’s because I allow it!”

I am sure markets will be just lovely tomorrow. Sure, the plan probably would not work, but at least it had some taxpayer funded hope. BTW, welcome to hell. I am taking good bit of my money out of the bank tomorrow morning, because I am paranoid and wear a tinfoil hat. Also, I remember standing in a looonng bank line in '98 in mother russia, and I did not like it.

I’ll bet the allowed dueling in mother russia in '98.

I really think the republicans are dragging their feet just to make it look like McCain is actually doing something. For those of you who are against this plan – you might actually get your wish. Bush’s stupidity (including Obama and McCain into the debate) may actually sink this deal. Watch out Buchanan…

I doubt it, it appears that there was never a deal to begin with, meaning the House was never involved. At least that was what big shot Newt G. was just saying on the boob tube.

i thought it was ‘father russia’, no? like ‘fatherland’ germany

here is what you get unless the problem is fixed. http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/companies/banks_lending/index.htm?cnn=yes

It’s Mother Russia. You are confusing it with the other “ism”, Hitler’s Germany, aka Fatherland. And it is really an uncharted territory if nothing is done. Maybe things will be ok, or maybe you have more bank failures, and there are “money shortages” at the banks. You’ll get your money eventually, but by that time the dollar is not worth much. It was really better in Russia. There were people selling Deutchmarks, Dollars, Pounds on every corner. As long as you had cash, you can have it in any currency you want. I bought 10k in green ones from some dude in the back alley. Yeah, RUR lost 75% of its value by than, but better late than never. Good times…

CNN now is blaming Mccain for stalling the deal.

Anderson Cooper is a douche.

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > here is what you get unless the problem is fixed. > > http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/companies/ban > ks_lending/index.htm?cnn=yes Yeah,so loanswill become expensive. They definitely should be expensive than what prevailed some months back.Whats the deal with providing loans to those who cant afford to own houses.Cant they rent for a while?.Why is home ownership a given?.It should not be some fundamental right. Why the frik do americans want to borrow more?. As if being upto their gills is not enough.If these guys couldnt afford to pay off their monthly payments so far,mainly becuase they had no jobs or no steady income ,how will they be afford it tomorow ?.Are we to assume house prices will start climbing now?. Thats the only thing that will keep this ponzi scheme going. I cant believe this scaremongering

Our country, IMO, is in some really deep sh!t - what is with all the jokes about whats going on? Is nobody else scared about the future that we are heading into?

What amazer me most about all of this is that the Dow refuses to break and indices in other parts of the world are down 30%+.

??? The Dow at 11k from a >14k peak. It’s down about 22%!

“I am reliably told that John Boehner discussed the Republican Study Committee’s “Rescue Principles” at the White House meeting, and McCain backed up his assertion that House Republicans can’t just be ignored, especially if they have ideas that could improve the package, though he did not explicitly endorse the RSC ideas. McCain’s spokeswoman Jill Hazelbaker is telling reporters that McCain is not pushing a particular proposal at the moment but is working to broker an agreement that could address the problems and include the broadest possible bipartisan coalition. The McCain campaign put out a short statement that reads: “We’re optimistic that Sen. McCain will bring House Republicans on board without driving other parties away, resulting in a successful deal for the American taxpayer.” McCain was apparently a very active participant in the White House discussion, while Obama expressed his support for the general frame of the draft put together by the House and Senate Banking Committees but did not go beyond that. The Democrats did not expect to be presented with additional ideas beyond that draft, and left the meeting decidedly unhappy.”

Dsylexic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spierce Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > here is what you get unless the problem is > fixed. > > > > > http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/companies/ban > > > ks_lending/index.htm?cnn=yes > > Yeah,so loanswill become expensive. They > definitely should be expensive than what > prevailed some months back.Whats the deal with > providing loans to those who cant afford to own > houses.Cant they rent for a while?.Why is home > ownership a given?.It should not be some > fundamental right. > > Why the frik do americans want to borrow more?. As > if being upto their gills is not enough.If these > guys couldnt afford to pay off their monthly > payments so far,mainly becuase they had no jobs or > no steady income ,how will they be afford it > tomorow ?.Are we to assume house prices will start > climbing now?. Thats the only thing that will keep > this ponzi scheme going. > > I cant believe this scaremongering Why do you keep focusing on the consumers? Did I mention that we needed more credit in those areas? Do you even know how businesses fund themselves? Did you fail remedial accounting?

sound businesses fund themselves from savings (equity) .borrowed money isnt a prerequisite. did google start because there was cheap credit from wachovia? or was it because they had a brilliant idea backed by angel investors(risk money) wtf has accounting to do with this. this is basic economics. you clearly failed commonsense 101