'No cash'

PWC told a news conference in London that it is unclear whether Lehman’s UK staff will get paid the $75m (£42m) that they are owed in wages this month. “When we took over this morning, there was no cash in the company,” said Tony Lomas from PWC. “We still don’t know what the position is - we will tell staff as soon as we know if we can, or if it is appropriate to pay staff on Friday.” In response to a question from a journalist he agreed it was extraordinary for a company like this to collapse. “What it underlines to me is the importance of market confidence,” Mr Lomas said. “If no one wants to trade with you…there’s no way back.” Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7615931.stm)

Watch the video at the bottom of page…I feel bad for all the employees… I am very depressed today…I graduate in 3 months…and I don’t know what I am gonna do now…

Teach for America!

Or Teach for Wall Street…

Seems like non-profit attracts a lot of hot chicks. With all the ex-finance women now on the prowl for jobs (and men that can hook them up with jobs), that the non-profit talent pool might not be as exciting as it once was. D’oh!!!

you young ones will be just fine. sure, it may take you a few extra months to launch career, some borrowing / slumming off family/friends etc. the real sympathy goes out to the 50+ year olds who have kids in college, mortgages to repay, retirement to fund, age bias to overcome in the job markets, etc. i look back 10+ years now to when i graduated college, and in hindsight, all those things that seemed so earth shattering back then were minor blips frankly. go get drunk, enjoy your break, 'cos life gets a lot, lot harder when you have responsibilities.

what is the afot url?

My offer stands: anyone who wants to help me paint my old apartment. $10/hour cash. Sept. 22-25! Lower east side of manhattan, 10 minutes from Lehman’s office (probably, not sure).

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is the afot url? www.freepowerboards.com/afot

thanks csk

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PWC told a news conference in London that it is > unclear whether Lehman’s UK staff will get paid > the $75m (£42m) that they are owed in wages this > month. > > “When we took over this morning, there was no cash > in the company,” said Tony Lomas from PWC. > > “We still don’t know what the position is - we > will tell staff as soon as we know if we can, or > if it is appropriate to pay staff on Friday.” > > In response to a question from a journalist he > agreed it was extraordinary for a company like > this to collapse. > > “What it underlines to me is the importance of > market confidence,” Mr Lomas said. > > “If no one wants to trade with you…there’s no > way back.” > > > Source: BBC News > (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7615931.stm) Don’t know bankruptcy laws in UK, but in the US I believe wages due to employees is first in the pecking order.