No December 2020 Exams in India - All Levels

CFA Institute has cancelled December 2020 exams for Levels I, II and III for all centres in India.

Life…

On the bright side, you have time back to do other things and reconnect back with family and friends

Yes. That is true.

Just in India or worldwide?
CFAI removed the page about Frequent Q&A…

CFA INSTITUTE HAS DETERMINED THAT IT WILL NOT ADMINISTER EXAMS IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS. FOR A LIST OF THESE LOCATIONS, VISIT OUR TEST CENTER UPDATES PAGE.

37 locations worldwide which includes all 11 locations in India.

I had been preparing rigorously for the exam and was so looking forward to get it done in December but so disappointed to learn that the CFA exam will not be conducted in California. With COVID cases being so low really surprised they cancelled exams at all centers. I was hoping they would at least let the Level III candidates take the exam

Anyone think that it will be easier to pass now because of this? Since places like NYC, India, Canada, California etc generally have some really smart candidates…

Hi I am a Level II candidate whose center got canceled for December 2020. I am considering my options at the moment and would welcome views on whether it makes sense to start lessons for Level III with some prep-provider. I don’t think there will be enough time if I only start studying for Level III after giving my Level II in May 2021 and at this point, I feel I don’t need all the time between now and May 2021 for the Level II exam itself. Views?

Yep, it makes sense. Obviously you can start with areas which gives the most synergy - like focusing on ethics, derivatives and maybe FI&AI.
IMHO, you shouldn’t devote your time to asset management and wealth management as a whole, 'cause it’s completely different from the other things and requires wide range of knowledge.