No vote, no voice

Now, let’s talk about getting you guys bidets.

I fall in this category. I know what you’re saying about the drawbacks but its just the one that just seems most ideologically honest to me personally. People say its naive and I really don’t disagree with them it just is what it is.

If I had room in my bathroom for either a bidet or a urinal, I would definitely vote for a urinal. You can adjust it to just the right height, and it reduces the odds of missing greatly, for those middle-of-the-night visits.

I still haven’t seen the attraction in turning a fire hose onto your butthole.

I had a hand held sprayer that attached like they use in the Middle East and hope to get one in my new house. It takes no room, is a cinch to install and genuinely changes your life. You can adjust the pressure so it’s not intense two seconds of water and you’re shower fresh and on your way. Instead of killing a tree to basically do a half assed crap job (pun intended). The U.S. is so backwards on this one it’s ridiculous.

If you have a pet and it craps on your floor anyone that just wiped it up with a dry drag is obviously doing a bad job. Same for the bathroom.

Serious questions for Sweep and BS. So afterward, you have towel next to the toilet or bidet that you use to dry off?

Ah, very good question.

You can use toilet paper, but it does fall apart rather quickly and can leave behind little rolled up pieces of tissue. On the other hand, you can you a regular bath towel but some people find that disgusting if you use it more than once and washing a towel every time you deuce is a lot of towel washing.

I’ve determined, for me, toilet paper is the way to go. Just be sure to dab and not wipe. This result in a dry bum with no tissue leftovers.

Most people just use a small piece of TP to dry.

It’s a relatively focused procedure so you’re talking a very small amount of water hanging around.

@Sweep - if you’re using toilet paper to wipe your butt, then why not just…use toilet paper to wipe your butt?

So it’s not a whole backside dripping wet kind of thing. Gotcha.

Again green man, it’s the cleanliness thing referenced above. Where it really shines is in maybe less clean situations. Plus your consistently using 2-3 squares to dry off. For me it was a huge tp saver cause I get all ocd

Yeah, what BS said. I can’t emphasize enough…imagine eating an entire jar of peanut butter while downing two bottles of red wine. The next day you’re going to have a bad time on the crapper. You’d be looking at a half dozen wipes at least, and still probably not feeling so fresh and so clean. With a bidet you remove all the crap and only need to dry yourself with a single wipe (or dab). This also prevents CAH (that chapped asshole for those unfamiliar).

My requests to get bidets installed in the office have fallen on deaf ears thus far. Management will come around eventually.

STL, I’ve thought before about opening an online store for various bidets in the US and sourcing a few models from China. It’s definitely a growing market niche.

Why not just get one of the fancy Japanese toilets that has washing and drying facilities built in? They come with heated seats and will even play you soothing melodies while you go.

^Woah, slow down there Mr. Moneybags.

I wonder how you know this. And now I want to try it simply out of curiosity.

Bump, 'cuz referenced it in the “Gary Johnson” thread.

How did my thread go from protesting voting to the various methods of freeing your ass from feces?