nogiveup

From nogiveup’s post: “My hard work was finally paid off and I took it 7th times and finally passed. My suggestion is to focus on your weakest parts and use CFAI text first and this was what I did at this time. My weakest parts were FSA and Corp Fin. and for the past, I got <50%. Today, they are >70% which impressed me a lot. I am a father of two little girls and when I took the exams in the past, they were just born and young. Now they grew up and I have little more time to study. Therefore, as my username, nogiveup for what you believe in it. No one knows how many time you pass, but recognize your three letters. Good luck to all.” Well done! It’s like watching “Rudy” or “Hoosiers”. I feel all warm and fuzzy.

I agree. Incredible job!

We better get him through the next levels before the grandchildren cause study problems…

When his kids go to college he should have more time to study for Level 3.

that is a great story indeed…well, i am such a wimp that I am not looking at my score until tonight…I have a big interview at 4pm today and figure it may ruin my day and my confidence if I fail, so I will be back tonight…plus, I gotta drive 4 hours today and am scared I will freak out on the road : ) - the story above is amazing (7 times!!!) and puts things into perspective – thx for sharing…

Haha… well if anyone can help him through it’s you Joey… Moreso than the technical questions, the positive advice and help that more experienced people like Joey give is what helped me to pass… and I bet it’s the same for quite a few others… For everyone else that passed, don’t forget to come back to the Lv1 forum to give advice and tips to everyone…

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that is a great story indeed…well, i am such a > wimp that I am not looking at my score until > tonight…I have a big interview at 4pm today and > figure it may ruin my day and my confidence if I > fail, so I will be back tonight…plus, I gotta > drive 4 hours today and am scared I will freak out > on the road : ) - > > > the story above is amazing (7 times!!!) and puts > things into perspective – thx for sharing… But daj think of the confidence you will have if you pass going to the interview! HUGE risk/reward but I say go for it! PS Good luck today buddy, hope you kill it

thanks getterdone CONGRATS on passing…i knew you would…

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks getterdone CONGRATS on passing…i knew you > would… Thanks bud, I am eagerly awaiting your results, I think you passed as well my friend GL in that interview, kill the thing!

Great story !!! Inspiring stuff…

Congrats nogiveup… Good luck for the next 2 levels…

I started the program when my daughter was 1 and finished when 5 last year. It was tough enough already and cannot imagine how I would have done if there were another…I might have given up by now. Congrats, nogiveup. Good luck for the next 2!!

Good on ya Nogiveup.

Dear nogiveup, I praise your steadfastness and congrats on passing Level I. Having said that, I question your judgment to appear the first five or six times when most probably you knew that you did not have the time, given family commitments, to prepare for the test. You could have saved money and spent more time with you family and work if you had just appeared when you knew you had ample amount of preparation time. You get 100% for steadfastness, but I would not let you manage my money.

Ack! This is like walking out of “Rudy” and your buddy telling you that Rudy was died in a prison rape. Nice way to rain on my parade buddham.

Sorry JDV, but one needs to be efficient unless they want somebody else to eat their lunch.

I did watch the movie “Rudy”, but I really felt sad after the movie. I do not remember it most of the details of the movie, but I think I had worse feelings. Did not you think Rudy could have optimized his efforts by putting it in some other endeavors. I guess in Rudy’s case, at least he was doing what he liked and he had to go though all the things he did before he could play with the team. In that case, I felt not everybody is made for everything. In nogiveup case, he most probably is not dealing with the same level of goal and he did not have to go through the seven attemps to learn the material to pass. Of course, that is my assumption. But if he did need all those time to really pass, then he may be in wrong field altogether.

Congrats no give Buddham not every thought is worth sharing let no give just bask in this little satisfaction jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez whats wrong with some poeple

Sorry to come across as a total jerk :frowning: But most of us are going to be analysts and going to work for others. Unless you properly understand and analyze the issues, you may be “basking in little satisfaction” at the cost of your clients.

buddham, You don’t come off like a jerk at all, more like realistic.