Non-charter holders claiming they have a designation?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know a guy who used to work with me. He passed > all 3 levels but does not have 4 years of exp. > > Yesterday I saw his profile on linkedin with CFA. > That is marketing skills I guess Report him. No Joke. I am in the same boat, and all of my bios make very clear that I passed LIII but am not a charter holder.

Agreed, I am in the same boat as well and would never use the CFA designation improperly like this.

Why is your friend impatient? Waiting is the lesser battle compared to the grueling exam experience

Report that chump.

I agree…report him. All it does is dilute what we all studied hard for when people just use the designation b/c they feel they have a “right” to. Screw that, I pay my dues every year so that I can use the CFA designation.

sorry for the double post, got some crazy error message…

I would agree that you should report it. As far as I remember, this would not fall in the category of you being ethically obliged to report it, but it is definitely a reportable, clear ethics violation. You can bet that CFAI would not be amused. If someone at my company were doing it, I would report it.

Report him and then break his neck >:-( grrrr

Report him and Slash his neck