"North Korea tells U.S. it is prepared to discuss denuclearization"

I don’t see why this would mean we should assume a base case scenario that different than what’s happened in the past with nk getting some concessions then just going back to their business as usual, being belligerent and whatnot. I also find it hard to believe that trumps tweets had much of an effect.

NK missile activity definitely accelerated among US belligerent talk. Beyond that, Trump escalated military activity in the region and pressured China. One anecdote is that representatives meeting with Un’s people cited high levels of confusion regarding the US stance and that his aids had “encyclopedic knowledge of Trump’s tweets”. But to say this was about tweets is also not accurate. These were press conferences including added pressure on China to enforce sanctions (which they responded to by refusing coal imports from NK) as well as a heightened US presence in the region. There were many calls from China inclusive saying that the US was enflaming the situation. To say there was no effect is just willfully ignorant of the events leading up to the talks.

Obviously the talks may not work, but we’re also in a position (with Chinese support as well) that we haven’t been in some time regarding talks. Even if nothing further happens it validates a significant amount of his approach. Your views just seem not really reflective of the situation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-north-korea-threat-buoys-allies-china-urges-calm-1505904542

A couple of things on that which I’ll get back to later when I’m more free.

quoted for troof

update: looking good. don’t start no sh!t, won’t be no sh!t.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-willing-accept-complete-denuclearization-without-conditions-moon-says-n867421

trump didn’t do that.

I definitely think Trump is largely responsible. Anyone who doesn’t seems to be wearing partisan colored glasses?

I’m not sure if we can attribute it to Trump’s genius policy, but it’s clear that the stakes are higher for North Korea, now that the US has become a lot more hawkish than it was under Obama. If I was Kim Jong Un, I would reconsider my rogue nation status too after the US got a new, impulsive, possibly unstable President who is itching to bomb something. It’s like when you get a new, sh*tty boss, but you work harder, not because he is a great motivator, but because you just don’t want to be a target.

I am not suggesting that Trump proceeded in a way that is desirable or that the process was sound. I personally think things may be similar to what you say above. I think he’s also motivated south Korea for similar concerns. But still, Trump is the catalyst here.

More proof that a peaceful Korea is a pipe dream and POTUS is a bungling idiot.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/from-the-brink-kim-suspends-missile-tests-shuts-nuclear-sites/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

i am 100% unlike terd

For anyone keeping score, Birdman has worse TDS than CNN:

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z2rU4BjoQ]

Your trust for the NOrth Koreans and their ilk shows your youthful naivete. I pray the world won’t learn the trust the hard way.

You’re inability to understand why now is different stems from your refusal to consider information only available through non-mainstream sources. The fact is lil Kim’s backers are gone. He has nowhere to go to maintain power. The flow of money is gone. He’s acting optimally.

those are bold words to speak.

is turd suffering from:

A) Control Bias

B) Overconfidence Bias

C) Both

not saying these talks wont produce results, frankly i hope they do… but betting on the same hand that failed several times before would be foolish. lets go in with tepid expectations and hope for a surprise.

that’s the whole point. people don’t understand that behind the scenes things are completely different. it’s a matter of incomplete information. If people did the same amount of digging they’d come to the same conclusion.

I remember when most American’s understood “better dead than red.” Now it seems the very corn fed mid-western folks who stood up to Stalin and his killers now welcome their sons with open arms.

yea, our generation is figuring out that arguing within old false dichotomies only benefits a very small group of people. we’ll take the good from everything and evolve into the golden age, thanks.

i could do the same amount of digging, in the same places & not buy into the conspiracy theorist ideas. not exactly sure where the disconnect is but certainly a lot of people get sucked into the world of conspiracy theories and end up shooting places up later - as they tend to be loosely veiled ethno-nationalist hangouts, the hate spewed in those places consumes those that buy into it. See: quebec city mosque shooter, parkland shooter.

kids: alt-right conspiracy theories, not even once

The commies are sending you a crude Trojan horse. Most would agree the US has better quality of life than NOrth Korea :bulb:

straw man. Fail.