"North Korea tells U.S. it is prepared to discuss denuclearization"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-talks/north-korea-tells-u-s-it-is-prepared-to-discuss-denuclearization-source-idUSKBN1HF0WQ

Wait… aren’t they just going to lie about this again?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/north-korea-history-of-lies-about-its-nuclear-program.html

I trust trump to close this deal

Fun fact: Kim jong Il, before his death, was one of the top 10 customers of hennessey cognac and spent a million dollars per year on it.

I’m not sure. They are so close now, it may be in their incentives to concede and get stuff. They don’t really lose anything at this point

Discussing denuclearization can just mean “glad we could all meet today…so to echo what Xie Jinping has already said, once the US withdraws military from SK we will dial down our military, let’s discuss.”

Let’s look at what is really happening. First, there’s no “NK threat,” this is America’s war on China. And, there’s 0% probability of CN just being like “okay, you win, we will give up our weapons, please invade our Southern border.”

Understanding that, there are a number of outcomes. Historically they just run out the clock— each current president is gone in 4-8yrs, so pretend to give up something, NK gets some concessions, while the US empire decays with time. But as America collapses it is becoming more aggressive, so perhaps harder to appease now.

Tell that to the dead sailors on the Cheonan and the islanders on Yeonpyeong. You’re so pro-China PA that it hurts.

You’re right PA and the US troops will be home permanently from the Korean Peninsula in time for the military parade in November. But this is not an indication of US decline. It is a commitment between the east/west powers to world peace. no more wars. 1,000 years of peace and prosperity. The Golden Age of humanity. Trust.

And anti American

This doesn’t change what I said, there is no NK treat to the US.

Obviously it was all manufactured out of nowhere around a year ago, using the fake corporate media, and typical “WMD” with absurd “NK can nuke a US city” claims. There is zero basis for any real threat to the US, and the US doesn’t care about NK cause they have no money. So what was all this about? A pretense for attacks on China.

The real threat is the US threat to NK , which is why they need nukes. So again, if the US wants to “solve the problem,” they can simply get their military out of Asia. :bulb:

Negative pa, the real threat to NK is its current dictator, whose family has been using the populace as their slaves since the country’s founding. Really striking that your anti western/pro china ideology is so strong that you prefer even the Kim dictatorship to the US.

Props to Dennis Rodman!

War is over.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/north-and-south-korea-reportedly-set-to-announce-official-end-to-war.html

Birdman?

So it’s looking like we’re one step closer to a unified and peaceful korean peninsula – the korean war will be declared over. Then U.S. troops will be withdrawn in time for the military parade to end all military parades in November, then unification.

This is my fantasy land analysis that I’ve been giving you for months now. Where is Birdman to give us what’s really going on geopolitically? I recall he told me I shouldn’t try to analyze geopolitics because I’m a dumbfukk who relies on fake retarded sources for information. Birdman, what’s really going on???

You shouldn’t talk about politics because you think trump is the reason for everything including this, which is retarded. You should have been banned long ago for your trolling.

HAHA, birdboy moving the goal posts again! That box you’re in is getting pretty pretty pretty small. It’s ok lil cubbie, we love you.

If by changing the goal posts you mean that you kept making the retarded point that Trump was causing there to be peace talks, then no there’s no changing the goal posts. Your trolling is as retarded and lazy as ever.

You’re a delusional, retarded troll. Go back to /r/the_donald and 4chan where your idiocy would be normal. It’s one of the great failings of this forum that you haven’t been banned.

So Birdy, just to be sure I’m following along. Every president follows a similar non-provocative strategy with NK and China.

1. Trump clearly leads a more aggressive strategy that is an obvious break from the past to any casual observer.

2. Tensions, NK missile launches and war of words directly aimed at Trump by name escalates.

3. Unprecedented talks begin (including direct CIA access to Un), even CNN admits “Trump’s North Korea policy might just be working.”

4. Trump has nothing to do with it.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/opinions/trump-north-korea-everard-opinion/index.html

Seems to me that any talks that are occurring now would be more related to the recent missile tests/IE new bargaining chip that the n Koreans have to bring to the table rather than because of any tweets, as well as because of pressure from the chinese. If anything, the trump administration seems more willing to accept a withdrawal even if it results in a bad deal or terms that aren’t desired by the Japanese or Koreans (IE a full nuclear disarmament before withdrawing), rather than the idea that trumps admin is being more aggressive. And I’m skeptical of whether these talks will lead anywhere, because obviously there have been plenty of talks in the past that seemed like they’d go somewhere but then nothing happened and it just led to more concessions to nk. I think that that should be the base case scenario here, not the presumption that anything will go through.

Not even close. NK approached SK and the pressure from the Chinese directly resulted from the escalating regional tensions caused by Trump’s brinksmanship. Additionally, there’s a line of thought that SK’s new willingness to listen can also be tied to Trump’s brinksmanship. The universally accepted reason NK is coming to the table now is that the brinksmanship depleted their resources by causing them to accelerate their missile program. Beyond that, the missile program solely impacts Japan and the US / China. NK has been able to deliver warheads to SK targets (Seoul like 20 miles from NK border) for decades, nuclear inclusive. Beyond that, they’ve had nuclear capabilities for more than 10 years. Hence it makes no sense to conclude that inter-CONTINENTAL ballistic missile tests caused their neighbor to come to the table. It’s hard for me to fathom a line of argument that Trump’s policy is not directly responsible for these talks.

@birdy - that’s some pretty good institutional herd analysis there.