Norway?

Anyone currently live there? Anyone visited? I am considering starting to look into a trip there to scope it out for a potential move so any information on the lifestyle and job situation is appreciated. Thanks!

Got a very good friend who is from there(outside of Oslo), never visited but heard the northern part is beautiful, girls are easy, and people friendly. Be prepared to brave an extreme winter. I will get back to you with some additional info if you need it.

Isn’t that country dark for 6 months? It is like looking for a job in Siberia or Northern Russia. Edit - Spelling check of Siberia.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Isn’t that country dark for 6 months? It is like > looking for a job in Serbia or Northern Russia I’m assuming you mean Siberia. Quite different from Serbia.

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Isn’t that country dark for 6 months? It is > like > > looking for a job in Serbia or Northern Russia > > I’m assuming you mean Siberia. Quite different > from Serbia. thanks

That doesn’t bother me. Wake any more info is appreciated.

I lived in Denmark for a summer and have a few good friends from Norway. One issue of note is that the Scandinavian countries have among the highest taxes in the European union, although public services in general are excellent. Also finding a good job can be a challenge, even if you have EU citizenship.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Isn’t that country dark for 6 months? I believe you meant Sweden.

NorthernCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That doesn’t bother me. Wake any more info is > appreciated. Send me a personal email and I will put you in direct contact with the guy if you dont mind because I cant offer much more than that. He will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Well it’s not going to be like looking for a job in Siberia. Norway is one of the wealthiest countries on earth and the economy is doing well. Also, the country is not as cold as its latitude would suggest given the North Atlantic Drift. Saying that, its still going to be cold. Oslo gets about 6 hours of sunlight in midwinter and conversely 18 hours in mid summer - not too bad.

NorthernCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone currently live there? Anyone visited? I am > considering starting to look into a trip there to > scope it out for a potential move so any > information on the lifestyle and job situation is > appreciated. Thanks! Don’t worry about the cold, it’s exactly as Carson says. You can start practicing your Norwegian here http://www.klartale.no/ and they seem to post job ads here http://www.nav.no/; I spotted some ads re broker, fx and analyst jobs in Stavanger…

Norway is pretty cool and the country is very clean. It is a little bit expensive, but the public services there are pretty good. The chicks are really hot there and nice (if you like blonde chicks). There is good snowboarding up in Narvik. I planned to go snowboarding in Narvik, but realized it was very far from Oslo upon arrival. So I just visited Oslo and then went over to Bergen – pretty good trip.

Northern, I happened to spot this on LinkedIn just now, and thought it might interest you. Sorry for the language but there you are, if you’re seriously contemplating the move you’ll probably need to cope with the basics… Someone posted a similar question to yours on LinkedIn and got the reply: “Jeg anbefaler at du starter med Bedin (www.bedin.no), som er drevet av/for Næringsdepartementet.” The bedin site seems to summarize aspects of what is required of you plan to start a firm in Norway. You can switch the site into the English language.