Nostalgic thoughts

are coming back- want to pass without studying :(( tired of studying wife is irritated :)) anybody in this “ZONE”

I don’t feel like studying either!! Taking the day off from the books today :slight_smile:

I cant even look at the books not my wife but my gf is extremely irritaded. the biggest reason I want to finish this cfa thing is that I dont want to deal with it next year, not bcoz I will have my exams completed

try planning a wedding and trying to study… its really easy to find myself browsing wedding websites/magazines, etc rather than studying…

ctnycgirl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > try planning a wedding and trying to study… its > really easy to find myself browsing wedding > websites/magazines, etc rather than studying… gave level II two months after I got married…and now level 3 wife is rightly pissed-hope she doesnt leave me:))… the promises am making (post the exam) to keep her from reaching boiling point…god help me if i fall short on any of them…lol

I can understand the girlfriends getting irked, but it bugs me that you guys have a hard time with the wives. I mean no disrespect, but they need to get a grip. This isn’t something we do for fun, at least none that I know or have seen. I know where you guys are coming from because I went through it too. This is now my sixth and hopefully last year in the program. My first shot at level 2 I was getting the flack so I had to lay it all out that I was doing this more for the family than me. That reality check quickly made her come around and she’s been great ever since. Short term pain, long term gain that’s the way you have to look at it. There’s enough stress in this thing to last a lifetime. It might be time to have the CFA talk :slight_smile:

And wives/husbands/fiances should be happy that we are doing this before kids… because I think that would be the hardest. Fortunately, my fiance is great and very supportive–(my bridesmaids are almost more distracting!)

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can understand the girlfriends getting irked, > but it bugs me that you guys have a hard time with > the wives. I mean no disrespect, but they need to > get a grip. This isn’t something we do for fun, at > least none that I know or have seen. I know where > you guys are coming from because I went through it > too. This is now my sixth and hopefully last year > in the program. My first shot at level 2 I was > getting the flack so I had to lay it all out that > I was doing this more for the family than me. That > reality check quickly made her come around and > she’s been great ever since. Short term pain, long > term gain that’s the way you have to look at it. > There’s enough stress in this thing to last a > lifetime. It might be time to have the CFA talk > :slight_smile: my friend guys have a hard time with wives cause, unlike GF’s, they are far too dear for one to just ignore them. Have had numerous Risk Reward talks, but unlike the materialistic being that I am (my only reason to be in the field of finance-PERIOD), my wife is quite content in life and more happier than I am :). Her philosophy is if you are not saving the world or doing some noble then why go through so much pain for a few dollars which will not make you truly happy. Have lost this argument ever since it has started:)

Ya, cause it sucks to have a little security of an education to fall back on if necessary when you have kids. I’d love to support my family working at Wal Mart for $7.50 an hour. If you are into Finance and that’s the type of job you enjoy, her argument is moot. Again, no disrespect to her, but there are two sides to that argument. Content is fine when you don’t have kids. At that point a little responsibility starts creeping in.

I get your point, but unfortunately the line between responsibility and greed is very thin. Under the guise of the former, one gets drawn (may be sub-consciously) deeper and deeper into the latter. When is it “Truly” enough?

Wow sid, same heavy philosophy, huh? :slight_smile:

“When is it “Truly” enough?” Well, on an after-tax, inflation adjusted basis, what I am Truly looking for is…