Not finding level II so difficult...

For starters: FSA: pensions, foreign currency translations, Fin46R, Fin 123R, adjusting lease accounting, and dep methods Quant: almost all new Equity analysis/ Corp fin FCFF,FCFE,H model, Residual income Ethics: more ambigous questions PM: almost all new and many more… johnnyblazini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > After reviewing all the curriculum books I will > > say you just have to loosen you a**h*** little > bit > > but we are not talking about drilling a new > one… > > That is slightly disturbing dude… > > > Congratulation on passing the first time Fridge… > Perhaps, you can now get a life and move on… Or > at least participate in the technical question > threads… > > And, like I said (I can see you need the > repetitions) if I held an arrogant attitude > towards this exam, I wouldn’t be studying in > September…

Sounds fun!

johnnyblazini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I didn’t say > Level II was easy, but slightly distinct from > lubeless anal rape… johnny…i’m assuming that the analogy was made by someone who had not actually experienced lubeless anal rape. since you seem to have a clear understanding of the pain inflicted by lubeless anal rape, we will concede that the analogy was a bit exaggerated. that being said, i thought level 1 was easy…level 2 was a monster (disclaimer: i’ve never interacted with or seen a monster). good luck with the studying.

Just wait until the exam… Honestly, I found Level 2 concepts easier (except PM and some FI and Derivatives), but the way they test it is a lot harder. I sincerely hope for your sake that you pass, or you’ll never be able to live this one down. Hubris kills, my friend.

The material isn’t frightening at all. I liked the material a lot better in L2 than L1. The scary part is the exam. No matter how well you know the material and how prepared you are, you can still make a couple of bad guesses or get behind on time or blow an entire vignette and have a Fail appear on your screen and have to take it the following year. That’s the tough part and where the broomstick analogies come into play.

hmmm…johnnyblazini’s comments remind me of myself during March. Ahhh, good old days those were when i still had hope, the fire, the adrenaline pumping thru my body. When i still got a kick out of thinking i’ll kick this exam’s ass and go 3 for 3. I will stomp it, rape it, burn it, eat it, kill it come exam day, I would say to myself. I miss that feel of ecstasy, the glory, the feel of real accomplishment i would get after thinking all this. It all came and went…I saw a big FAIL and landed back on planet earth. My dear AFers, the L2 material isnt rocket science…people just like you and me do get thru. Its just the questions which are real sons of bitches! Just be prepared as well as you can. As for me, i’ll get going in a month or so. Although, I wont be one of the great-3 for 3-no- background-in-finance-success-stories but some thing’s in life you just have to accept. Work hard and give level 2 some respect! Adios!

I agree 100% with GMofDen GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The material isn’t frightening at all. I liked > the material a lot better in L2 than L1. > The scary part is the exam. No matter how well > you know the material and how prepared you are, > you can still make a couple of bad guesses or get > behind on time or blow an entire vignette and have > a Fail appear on your screen and have to take it > the following year. That’s the tough part and > where the broomstick analogies come into play.

“The material isn’t frightening at all. … The scary part is the exam.” Well said. Hilarious!

I’ve been killing alternative investments and fixed income. But seriously cannot bring myself to start that chapter on binomial trees.

dresch88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been killing alternative investments and > fixed income. But seriously cannot bring myself to > start that chapter on binomial trees. It’s not bad…I WISH they would’ve given us something that straight-forward on June 7th. F@ck, I was all over that shite!

I don’t think anything is hard at all but to retain all the material and crack the exam is difficult. S

I take it you didn’t sit for the june 08 level II exam did you? solarpower03 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think anything is hard at all but to > retain all the material and crack the exam is > difficult. > S

Word of advice, use a lot of flashcards to learn formulas cold. Don’t just memorize a picture of what the formula looks like, understand how they can be changed, interpret the results, and know which situations to apply it in. Once you do start getting the formulas down, the rest of the material is not “beyond” you, it’s just putting in the time. Although fixed income didnt seem that bad but i thought 2008 exam questions kind of sucked.

Last year I opened the books in october, laughed and got back to them in February. Really, it looked too easy, like a L1 +. Then I started doing videos and reading and it took quite a while to get through it but still… the difficulty didn’t scare me. First week of May, test exam 1: 55%. I spent the whole damn month to get that up to 67% on the day before the exam and passed by the skin of my teeth. Results didn’t look good. The guys here are right… the exam is killing. The material isn’t.

blink25 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > johnnyblazini Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I didn’t say > > Level II was easy, but slightly distinct from > > lubeless anal rape… > > > johnny…i’m assuming that the analogy was made by > someone who had not actually experienced lubeless > anal rape. since you seem to have a clear > understanding of the pain inflicted by lubeless > anal rape, we will concede that the analogy was a > bit exaggerated. > > that being said, i thought level 1 was > easy…level 2 was a monster (disclaimer: i’ve > never interacted with or seen a monster). good > luck with the studying. Youre lack of reading skills is impressive… No wonder you find this material difficult…

> The guys here are right… the exam is killing. > The material isn’t. Thanks, guidance like this was the point of my thread… Wanted to see If I was missing something… I didn’t know it was going to be so sensitive in here… Feels like a bunch of marketing chicks before a big exam on market segmentation…

OK johnny relax, we’re all friends here. Like other people have said, none of the material on its own is difficult, but there is much more material than Level 1 and it is a much more difficult exam. I used Schweser only because didn’t have time for the curriculum since Level 1 results came out so late in January. I took pretty detailed notes on notecards, and went back and reviewed the notecards before doing every practice exam I could get my hands on. The key I thought was doing the practice exams…timed. This strategy worked for me…so since you have 5 more months and apparently a superior ability to learn and retain information than I do with those super powerful reading skills, you should pass this test easily. Best of luck to everyone.

I can easily believe that the exam is more difficult. I just expected the material to be insanely hard, and it isn’t, nor do I find that there is more than level I… I like finance, and perhaps I am biased as a result. I’m just relieved that there is less garbage (econ, quants, ethics) and more of what I actually signed up for (Equity, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Derivatives, etc.)

my two cents on ethics…other than on practice exams, i didn’t touch it until a week and a half before the test…and then i went at it pretty hard. make sure you take it seriously, but if you study it too early you’ll just forget it all anyways. quant…assuming they won’t leave out time series again.

I think we got lucky with quant on the june 08 exam… on the other hand two BOP questions on Econ come on man blink25 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my two cents on ethics…other than on practice > exams, i didn’t touch it until a week and a half > before the test…and then i went at it pretty > hard. make sure you take it seriously, but if you > study it too early you’ll just forget it all > anyways. > > quant…assuming they won’t leave out time series > again.