Not Scared?

For some reason I’m not feeling the fear that I did this time last year. Its not because I feel over prepared because I don’t. I know for a fact that I am no where near test ready and even though I’ve been studying for months that there is a very real very strong possibility that I’ll fail. But even with these realizations I’m not getting that hot all over, heart beating, starting to sweat feeling that I had whenever I thought about L1 in the week or two prior to the test last time. I can’t put my finger on why i’m not freaking out. I think its partly because I’ve already been through this drill before. But consciously i know that L2 is sooooo different than L1. So I don’t get it? The fear really drove me last year, kept me sharp, kept me focused. And now I’m not feeling it, and thus find myself not necessarily slacking, but not killing myself studying either. Is this happy medium that I’ve struck really that happy? Shouldn’t I be freaking out more? **None of this is meant to come of as “Ohh i’m so awesome i’m not scared at all blah blah blah” I’m just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing or if anyone has any advice to kick my “freakout-ness” into gear. I’ve saved all my samples and mocks for the next weeks so maybe I need to bomb one of those for it all to come back… :frowning:

hell yeh, do those samples and mocks right now! then you’ll freak out nicely.

I’m feeling the same way. I was way more nervous for level 1 back in december

I agree, the sooner you get your “reality check”, the better - time is running out. Give one of the samples a go tonight and see if that does anything for you. I wouldn’t save them all for the final week if you can help it.

I said fuk it already. I’m not scared, just waiting for this piece of **** test to be over. Given that i am still going to study tonight and the rest of next week.

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree, the sooner you get your “reality check”, > the better - time is running out. Give one of the > samples a go tonight and see if that does anything > for you. I wouldn’t save them all for the final > week if you can help it. Hahaha - so true …

WAS feeling the exact same way, I mean to the T… not that nervous, been here done that kinda but smart enough to know this time is different like you said… prepared well and am by no means behind but lacked that killer instinct… this morning I took my third Schweser practice exam (full disclosure: 1st P.E. got a 60, 2nd P.E. got a 67) and scored a 37% on the morning portion. Whats worse was that I was thinking before… yeah kinda slow start (with the prior PE marks) but thats kinda the same way it was last year for L1… only last year my scores had a nice slow linear progression toward 75-80 range with a few consistent weak points… but now this… feeling so F’ed… whats worse and I’m sure its been said, is that I feel this test is so…for lack of a better word… lumpy. By this I mean if you blow a few concepts (like T.Black, ARCH, the risk neutral probability of an up move in binomial option pricing) you can expect to fork over not one but often 3 or 4 points which is just painful.

I think alot of the “fear” your first time at level 1, is more about your unfamiliarity with the actual testing envirornment. I know for me, I’d heard the horror stories about proctors, wasn’t exactly sure how to get the test center, little stuff like that. now we’re veterans of that process so it’s just about the material now.

I was in the exact same boat as the OP, then got a 73 on Schw. 2AM, which was a nice reality check. Then I took PM, got low 80s, and felt confident again (especially after others seemed to agree that 2AM was inordinately difficult). Then I took the CFAI mock AM last night and got a 73, so I’m back to my grind, although I’m finishing up the PM section now and think I did pretty well, so I’ll probably go back into contented mode. I’m almost to the point where I don’t even want to grade the exams for fear that the good scores will make me complacent.

No fear at all from me either… I am at the point where i kind of know what i know, it is either gonna work or its not… btw 57 on the mock 3 morning last night so it was def rough… but it hasnt lit the fire yet… Real mock tonight, hoping for 70.00001

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I said fuk it already. I’m not scared, just > waiting for this piece of **** test to be over. > > Given that i am still going to study tonight and > the rest of next week. +1 I was advised NOT to think option 1) “I’ll do my best and whatever happens happens” but to think option 2) “I have to pass, it is still in my control to make it.” but my personal mean reversion is at the core choice 1. Crossing fingers and toes…

the CFAI mocks were a lot easier than the samples, at least in my oppinion

JP_RL_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the CFAI mocks were a lot easier than the samples, > at least in my oppinion i found that too, but maybe it was because we did the samples much earlier than the mocks, so perhaps we’ve evolved since then!

me too…i feel i m just exhausted of reviewing the same material so many times…cant even make out if i hav missed out anything…hav taken a few practice exams scoring between 65-68…but even that doesnt seem to push me to stick to the books enough… just tired and need a break! gonna do mock tomorrow lets see how that plays out *sigh*