Not so subtle brag thread v. Accomplished my second goal of 2014

Please see my power of oneness thread.

Haha, I meant what I said in jest. I think completing a marathon is impressive, and something I have no plans of doing myself.

I lift occasionally, and that’s mostly because I’m trying to level the playing field even for the roid ragers out there. I’m naturally pretty fit.

lol i was just messin wif ya bro :h5:

Your first mistake was talking to a triathlon guy. Bunch of fools. You know who does triathlon? People that suck at biking, running or swimming. Look at them riding at a 50rpm cadence on a $10k bike doing 25kph thinking their big shit. Man oh man. I’m surprised the fools don’t just insert a catheter. It’d be cooler than 90% of the stuff triathletes do. - signed: former competitive cyclist

geo mad y’all

I’m mostly kidding. Us cyclists do hate triathletes though.

anybody who doesnt complete a half in sub 2 or a full in sub 4 should not be allowed to claim they completed either one.

i still cannot fathom the appeal of running a marathon. so many people do this as an excuse to train to “get in shape” but running such long distances is out right bad for you. Furthermore, from what im told, after the race you end up drinking beers and eating desert food. Can someone explain to me why you set out on such a goal?

to prove to themselves that they are some kind of athlete sup yo gov, or they are a frustrated athlete(never reached elite levels).

^I think there is a time limit on marathons. Maybe 4:30? Anything beyond that is officially considered a DNF (did not finish).

Edit - I looked it up, and there are different limits, depending on the race. Most of them are 4 for a marathon, but some go up to 7. I think this is less about the “competitive nature” of the race and more about the fact that they want to open the streets for vehicles again.

LOL says the guy PMing me for nudes. between your SN and your PMs, you have quite the self identity issue going on

depends on the course. The cuttoff is usualy around 5:30. Some more/less

WTF?

True that. When I was a cyclist, we felt that triathletes weren’t really serious about cycling. And it probably irked us that they were in better shape more generally (cross-training and all, particularly the swimming part).

What struck me about the triathalons I’ve participated in (not very many, but enough) is that the best times tend to be by people in their early 50s. My sense is that the very best triathletes are the ones who read and understand their bodies well enough to know how to pace themselves and when to pour on the gas. Perhaps it takes a decade or two to figure that out before everything goes to crap from joint collapse.

How did I miss this thread at work today?

If this was the Twin Cities marathon the guy actually survived, news said they had CPR on him within 30 seconds of the episode which is pretty amazing. Congrats on the finish either way.

Was this like 10-15 years ago? If so, things have changed. Young people (20 to 25) are fastest now. Perhaps this is because more people are doing triathlons and the results have become normalized. In earlier years, I can understand how some older guys might be the best, since they would have more resources to be early adopters of the sport, and they might have just been a bunch of hardcore old timers from when triathlon = Iron Man in the 1970s or whatnot.

yeah i just read this! great news

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91311217

Yo Flint, check this out.