Not started yet

Personal commitments amongst a host of other things resulted in my postponing start of my level 2 preparation.To top it i attended a 4 day training on Structured Products ,of which i understood little but one which tired me.The situation now is that i have not yet started studying for level 2 and i am not worried even and this scares me!! The beast called level 2 shall teach me a lesson!

It most certainly will. And just wait till you open the Equity book and squeal like a little girl. Prepare. To. Get. Owned.

Four days on structured products? Oh my. I did the SPA one day certification and nearly fell asleep a dozen times. Cant imagine what would happen if that was stretched over four days.

allanc Yup i am ready :smiley: yodacaia the training was from 8.30am to 5.30pm.boy was I struggling to stay awake.It was essentially for those who use and /or sell structured products.some of the terms i can recall are CMT, CMS CDS, CDO,Arrears Reset Swaps,callable bonds,inverse FRN.barrier options,accumulators,range accrual note, digital options etc etc i can only recall the terms though and nothing else :smiley:

Did they cover ETNs?

I just started 2 weeks ago & I am planning to take 3 weeks off in March & I am also not worried if that makes you feel any better. I read the equity section first & didn’t think it was too bad but it was really long.

There seems to be a recurring theme on this forum to dramatacise an aspect of each level. To be fair I think level 2 is fairly evenly spread in terms of difficulty. I do recall from level 1 people held “SS9” with notoriety. It was difficult true enough, but I think if it was split in two for example I doubt many would have felt quite so frustrated by it. More of a psychological block than anything else. Ok I’ll stop ranting about that …I don’t think it’s too late to start studying depending on how much free time you can dedicate to study during the week. If you can fit in 20 hours a week or so you should still be able to cover about 300 hours of quality study.

I started studying but have to stop due to a family emergency for 3 weeks. Will start studying back again during the second week in March. I plan on spending 40 hours a week studying since I do not work and finishing up my MBA. Do you guys think 40 hours a week for 3 months is good enough for level 2? Factoring in about 400-450 hours.

mp48 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started studying but have to stop due to a > family emergency for 3 weeks. Will start studying > back again during the second week in March. I > plan on spending 40 hours a week studying since I > do not work and finishing up my MBA. Do you guys > think 40 hours a week for 3 months is good enough > for level 2? Factoring in about 400-450 hours. I am at the 400hr mark and i dont fell ready. I got >70 on all in level 1 with 465 hr. No 2 people are the same. Plus u must have seen a lot of it in mba. I say with 450 the avg guy has an 80% chance.

mp48 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started studying but have to stop due to a > family emergency for 3 weeks. Will start studying > back again during the second week in March. I > plan on spending 40 hours a week studying since I > do not work and finishing up my MBA. Do you guys > think 40 hours a week for 3 months is good enough > for level 2? Factoring in about 400-450 hours. Should be yeah. I guess motivation to actually study that much in just over 2 months may be a stumbling block. That said if you actually manage to put the hours in and use the hours effectively you should be prepared. I don’t personally think it’s ideal though. The stress of having to put in so much work in such a short amount of time may cause quality of study to slacken. If you can avoid the panic you’ll be alright :slight_smile:

I’d say that with 450 of decent studying most people would be very well prepared, but I can’t say for sure. Not a retaker.

Whatever man, just go and do your best and not worry about if you have enough time. Just focus on learning the material.