Now i am really starting to get worried...

If the US wins more medals than China, the pass rate will be >61.5%. I determined this with a regression on excel.

newsmaker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If the US wins more medals than China, the pass > rate will be >61.5%. I determined this with a > regression on excel. We are alll sooo doomed !!! Or pray R-squared would be too low this time…

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dean1981 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CareerChange Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > Also, not all races have similar advantages. > > For > > > example, certain races (such as Japanese, and > > > other Asians) are short and they may not do > as > > > well in games such as Basketball. So, you > just > > > ride your luck in a lot of events. > > > > > > > > > You are a racist moron. Please do not pretend > you > > know what you’re talking about. > ===================================== > > Hey give him a break. BBC ain’t racist. > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6161691.stm Interestingly, that will not stop us from over-taking China in population in the next few decades :slight_smile:

dean1981 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CareerChange Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Also, not all races have similar advantages. > For > > example, certain races (such as Japanese, and > > other Asians) are short and they may not do as > > well in games such as Basketball. So, you just > > ride your luck in a lot of events. > > > > > You are a racist moron. Please do not pretend you > know what you’re talking about. No need to get worked up on this. I didn’t mean to say one race is superior to another. I just meant that they are gifted differently. If you don’t get this, we can agree to disagree.

CareerChange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dean1981 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CareerChange Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > Also, not all races have similar advantages. > > For > > > example, certain races (such as Japanese, and > > > other Asians) are short and they may not do > as > > > well in games such as Basketball. So, you > just > > > ride your luck in a lot of events. > > > > > > > > > You are a racist moron. Please do not pretend > you > > know what you’re talking about. > > > No need to get worked up on this. I didn’t mean to > say one race is superior to another. I just meant > that they are gifted differently. > > If you don’t get this, we can agree to disagree. Ok. You mean, of the 1.1 billion or so, there are no outliers. Or does it refect something more systematic, more fundamental than just race?

I didn’t confine my observation to only to the 1.1 billion Indians or the 1.4 billion South Asians. Just as every person is gifted differently, every race (or culture) tends to have different strengths (and weaknesses). I am not sure why this is such a hard thing to grasp. If you think it’s simply systemic in India, there are countries with worse infrastructure, financial strength, political stability up there in the medals tally. That doesn’t mean India doesn’t have the capability to win Olympic gold medals, it probably means we don’t know where we excel…may be chess, who knows.

I’m chinese, so I hope China improves on Athens. E[Phelp’s gold medals] = 0.1*(Total US gold medals)

dont worry careerchange… some people are oversensitive unless you stick with the Politically Sensitive line “every race is equal”. obviously different races have different strengths and weaknesses… it’s been shown in numerous studies…