Now I can't sleep

I was sleeping just like a baby up until last night, lists just kept running through my head and teh fear of the Morning section on calculating the Return requirement which one would think is the easiest but NoOOOOOO they have to make it 6th Grade Math Cubed. I have scored over 76% on all tests and I’m still worried (not including AM as I dont grade it). Well time to go over GIPS which will probably be runnign through my head tonight… OK Rant overwith.

the strange thing is that I am not worried (yet), but I notice that I am waking up earlier and earlier each morning … way before my alarm is set to go off. i think your worry is related to the 70%+ as not being enough to pass … which is natural

haha, I’ve been experiencing the same thing this week, waking up way too early. You figured after writing L1 and L2 that uneasy feeling of a big exam would go away, but it doesn’t!

it so doesnt go away - strange that our past experiences do not factor in much. I even went to my local chapter over the weekend to sit the BSAS, partly to get over the ‘funny rush’ you get when you go into the exam hall … but I think i still have plenty left of this ‘funny rush’ for this Saturday :slight_smile:

i dont sleep much so waking up early and not sleeping is least of my worries now. today I will stay up until 5 pm and wake up at 9.30- 10.00 pm… messed really. I will little by little move it to later… eg… 6 pm… 8 pm. 9 pm and 10 -11 pm on fridat night. thats my plan

Give me the exam now. I’ll take it. I am ready. Bring. It. On.

really having trouble getting up, any tip Re: how to get up at 6:30am?

I get up at 5:30 every morning.

In the exact same boat… and ironically, all I kept thinking about was GIPS and how little of it I know. Hate this material.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get up at 5:30 every morning. less than 6 hours’ sleep is likely to slow down your brain… I will try to lock in 8 hours before the exam, and practice my sleeping pattern from tonight

haha, I’m trying to read Stalla GIPS right now for the past hour and I’m still on page 1…

I get to bed around 10, so 7.5 hours of sleep everynight.

bigwilly, you dont need to read anymore, just relax, you will certainly be fine… i think you are too excited about that fact that you can beat this exam without even writing anything down for the AM session :slight_smile:

^I only wish. I’m truly worried about the AM section, I hate this List 3 out of 4 blah blah blah. The only thing I’m truly worried about with IPS is the Return… Risk i think I’m ok with and the Constraints are pretty easy, its that Damn return number. I still have to do 2007 Exam…that will be on Wednesday.

same here, AM is my weakness. talking about 07 exam, would you be able to figure out the following? just think the guideline answer is not correct and the Q is not well constructed… **************************************************************** had another Q on the asset base calc, it says the immediate cash required is 200k (pretax) CFAI should have given the tax rate, the true asset base should have been larger than 4million as they do have cash holdings can just draw the required living expense after tax… i would say the required return of 7.46% is overstated slightly… i know this would not make a huge difference in %, but as CFAI would like to go to v. details, wouldn’t this be considered when they construct the Question?? (what are they trying to test here, if it’s their intention to leave tax rate out???) ****************************************************************

why would you be worried willy? even if you screw up AM, you will blow PM out of the water. I am worried cause i cant consistently do > 70% on CFAI

i had my first exam nightmare this morning…i couldn’t write a single line in AM session, completely freaked out. Then all of a sudden found myself leaving the venue with three girls. I guess I left early. The only good thing was the hot one was hitting on me. Anyways on our way to somewhere I decided to go back and make a final push. I did. But then saw the old, bald proctor. Asked him how much time I had. He said said 10 minutes!! Freaked out again like I had a 0.001% chance of passing. I made an attempt to read and answer the first question, but couldn’t find my pen:(( …That was the end. Anyways, the good thing is i saw the first question, it was about an international bond fund and a domestic bond fund. There was the key rate durations and the percentages of fund assets(15% corporates and 10%sovereigns). The question asked what’s gonna happen if yields tighten and credits deteriorate. And some questions on the volatility and appropriateness of both funds for a pension plan.

itstoohot Wrote: > > Anyways, the good thing is i saw the first > question, it was about an international bond fund > and a domestic bond fund. There was the key rate > durations and the percentages of fund assets(15% > corporates and 10%sovereigns). The question asked > what’s gonna happen if yields tighten and credits > deteriorate. And some questions on the volatility > and appropriateness of both funds for a pension > plan. LOL - best tip ever on this forum to date!

Ok, just spilled coffee all over GIPS…is that a sign? FACK!

I had that waking up too early thing this morning as well…and I’m normally a night owl. Woke up at 5:30 a.m. and tried to do some studying. Wasn’t being overly productive. Started to feel a little bit sleepy later in the morning and thought well 5 and a half hours just wasn’t quite enough and it will help me retain info if I sleep a little bit more. Went back to bed for a little nap and thought no need to set alarm because I’m already up, before you know it, it was NOON and I have almost slept my day away. Crap. Now gotta make up for lost time, but if you are having problems getting enough sleep, then you can try my trick. :slight_smile: Probably better to nap outside the hours of 9am and 5pm though because it would be bad to fall asleep during the exam…however you would forever thereafter become a CFA legend! :slight_smile: