Now that you're almost done, which is harder L II or LIII

for me mustard >>>>>>>>>ketchup and imma tomato guy but cmon man mustard has done more for humanity than ketchup ever did…sure u say ketchup but that only cuz of the propagandist liberal media plot to silence the truth …ok imma go back to studying

Level 3, definitely. At this point in L1 & L2 I knew I was passing for sure. Right now…I just don’t know.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level 3, definitely. At this point in L1 & L2 I > knew I was passing for sure. Right now…I just > don’t know. Fully agreed.

L3. If you put in the time, you know you get the right answer with L2 and L1 (obviously the complexity on 2 > 1). Being an L3 repeater I would honestly say I put the most time/effort into studying last year than any other year and it still didn’t matter. Besides the lack of clear answers in some topics you are also competing with a pool of candidates that are likely more intelligent than you’ve found at other levels. Simple concept of survival of the fittest illustrates it well.

the problenm with level 3 really is thats its 2 exams …in the am section if the answers arent literally on your fingertips i can see where u will be out of time …n then in the afternoon it all depends on who turns up @ the party…

Long story short, this exam is (most likely) gonna kick everyone’s ass, but it’s the same story at all the other levels - I don’t have to “beat the bear, I just have to beat you”. The difference at this level is that the competition is comprised of the same people who were smart enough (and fast enough) to get by the other levels.

aaaaaaaaaaaah sk with his beat the bear analogy…nice!!! i am dre hear me roar

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3. If you put in the time, you know you get the > right answer with L2 and L1 (obviously the > complexity on 2 > 1). Being an L3 repeater I > would honestly say I put the most time/effort into > studying last year than any other year and it > still didn’t matter. Besides the lack of clear > answers in some topics you are also competing with > a pool of candidates that are likely more > intelligent than you’ve found at other levels. > Simple concept of survival of the fittest > illustrates it well. Good luck Sponge_Bob. This is your year man.

McLeod81, it’s good to see you here man. You’re a legend. I didn’t pass last year but read your posts all the time. Hope you’re enjoying your spring of freedom! And my two cents- Level 3 is a hard exam. I also studied like crazy and didn’t pass in 2009. It’s harder than you think it is. Hope this year I pass.

i think many of us would agree that the subject material on level 3 is easier to understand when you are reading through…however, i think overall Level 3 is much harder to pass… on no other level do you have to know how to bring together an institutional IPS with Alt Inv and Asset Allocation when trying to figure out whether a 10% investment in a PE fund is appropriate for a foundation… the other levels are more segmented… level 3 i feel like it is 1 massive subject that we are studying for…

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81, it’s good to see you here man. You’re a > legend. I didn’t pass last year but read your > posts all the time. Hope you’re enjoying your > spring of freedom! > Thanks smokin’. I am enjoying the freedom, but definitely miss the intensity that I put into these exams. It doesn’t quite feel right having time to sit around and watch baseball in late May. Still, there is no way in hell I’d trade places at this point.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smokin’hot Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > McLeod81, it’s good to see you here man. You’re > a > > legend. I didn’t pass last year but read your > > posts all the time. Hope you’re enjoying your > > spring of freedom! > > > > > Thanks smokin’. I am enjoying the freedom, but > definitely miss the intensity that I put into > these exams. It doesn’t quite feel right having > time to sit around and watch baseball in late May. > Still, there is no way in hell I’d trade places > at this point. If you want I can send you the 2010 Mock and you can have a go for old times sake!

For me, Level II was much easier than level III. I have a strong accounting background so all FSA parts were pretty easy for me. Since LIII doesnt have accounting it takes away an area I can just sorta pass on.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > smokin’hot Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > McLeod81, it’s good to see you here man. > You’re > > a > > > legend. I didn’t pass last year but read > your > > > posts all the time. Hope you’re enjoying > your > > > spring of freedom! > > > > > > > > > Thanks smokin’. I am enjoying the freedom, but > > definitely miss the intensity that I put into > > these exams. It doesn’t quite feel right > having > > time to sit around and watch baseball in late > May. > > Still, there is no way in hell I’d trade > places > > at this point. > > > If you want I can send you the 2010 Mock and you > can have a go for old times sake! That’s alright. I still have access to it through CFAI website.

L3 material is easier than L2 but L3’s test is much harder. Short answer is almost impossible to study for and at L2 I could guarantee up to 80-90% of what I was going to see on the exam. L3 I think that’s more around 50-60, there’s a lot more they can do with it.