Now that you're almost done, which is harder L II or LIII

I’m taking L II in a few weeks, and am probably gonna fail miserably because it’s hella hard. Is L III tougher? I’ve heard that it is but wanted to hear it from people who have sat for II and are taking III

So far I think LII… but as you can read in a previous post of mine… I’m worried that the qualitative nature of LIII has fooled me into a false sense of security. I’ll have a better answer for you on June 6th.

By farrrrrr… L2!

Yeah, thank god I’m not sitting for LII again.

I think L3 is tougher for the way it’s tested. Not all mult-choice and there’s more synthesis across topics…so you can’t just ‘kinda’ know stuff and then back into the right answer choice. Felt like things were compartmentalized for L2. Though it’s my first time taking L3…so guess I don’t truly know yet

I am feeling L3 is harder. I mean as far as I can remember, in preparing for L2, I kind of was never doubt I would pass, I mean kind no feeling of desperate at a moment in the last few weeks, but now I am actually a little unsure since so much uncertainty from essay questions. I am studying every night for at least 3-4 hours, that didn’t happen in last year.

For me, L3 is more difficult. But I’m sure I’m in the minority that actually enjoyed FSA on L2!

Hmmmm…too tough to call at this point, but I’m gonna say that this is harder (to pass). Every level gets lumpier and lumpier with less and less questions, so not only do you need to learn the curriculum as best you can, but you also need to get lucky (or in most cases, not get unlucky) in order to pass. We’ve all got our weak subjects that they could decide to make 30 point questions out of and screw us, whereas in L1 (and L2 for the most part), you knew everything was gonna be tested and your mock exam scores were (most likely) a good approximation of what you were gonna score. Way more deviation on this exam.

i’ll let you know when i’m finished writing LIII

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmmmm…too tough to call at this > point, but I’m gonna say that this is harder (to > pass). > > Every level gets lumpier and lumpier with less and > less questions, so not only do you need to learn > the curriculum as best you can, but you also need > to get lucky (or in most cases, not get unlucky) > in order to pass. > > We’ve all got our weak subjects that they could > decide to make 30 point questions out of and screw > us, whereas in L1 (and L2 for the most part), you > knew everything was gonna be tested and your mock > exam scores were (most likely) a good > approximation of what you were gonna score. > > Way more deviation on this exam. +10 That is the quote I have been using the past two years… I know 95% of the material, but if they choose to test me on the 5% that I don’t know, I’m screwed. So its not a matter of being lucky, its a matter of not being unlucky. (That goes for L2 & 3 IMO)

to CF_AAAH & SK couldnt agree more all in all this program has been interesting but i am really eager to finish and move onto a new challenge …having a CFA charter may not be a golden ticket but at the very least it be a topic of discussion in an interview or at an event apart from that i am not expecting much more

I think the information load is the same, but L2 is much more quantatative, whereas L3 is focused more on qualitative deduction more. Depends what you’re more comfortable with. For me, L3 is seemingly easier…knock on wood. I do notice that those who have said L3 is tougher are less able to understand underlying concepts, beyond equations. The solution to both, STUDY.

I don’t know, I really don’t think we can judge until we see what they throw us on game day…

As stated previously everyone has their strenghts and weaknesses, but personally I believe Level III is tougher, this is from someone that went 2 for 2 and then failed miserably on their first attempt at Level III. I found it was easy to get overconfident with the Level III material on my first attempt.

malnoll Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I do notice that those who have said L3 is > tougher > are less able to understand underlying concepts, > beyond equations. The solution to both, STUDY. I hate to break it to ya, but you might wanna brush on your powerful skills of deduction (and reading comprehension) - speaking only for myself, I HIGHLY favor qualitative questions over quantitative questions (and is why for the past two levels I had trouble with Schweser mocks but destroyed the actual test). I think the consensus on this thread (which it appears you must not have read at all) is the the small question sample leads to more variation in scores, making the test “harder to pass”, as you’ve got to master a higher % of the material (to ensure a pass) than you did at any other level.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > malnoll Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I do notice that those who have said L3 is > > tougher > > are less able to understand underlying > concepts, > > beyond equations. The solution to both, STUDY. > > I hate to break it to ya, but you might wanna > brush on your powerful skills of deduction (and > reading comprehension) - speaking only for myself, > I HIGHLY favor qualitative questions over > quantitative questions (and is why for the past > two levels I had trouble with Schweser mocks but > destroyed the actual test). > > I think the consensus on this thread (which it > appears you must not have read at all) is the the > small question sample leads to more variation in > scores, making the test “harder to pass”, as > you’ve got to master a higher % of the material > (to ensure a pass) than you did at any other > level. Malnoll clearly googled us and has intimate knowledge of our academic backgrounds…My GED major was in modern lit.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > to CF_AAAH & SK > couldnt agree more > all in all this program has been interesting but i > am really eager to finish and move onto a new > challenge …having a CFA charter may > not be a golden ticket but at the very least it be > a topic of discussion in an interview or at an > event apart from that i am not expecting much more Agree 100%. Can’t wait to be done, and doubt this charter will do anything for me other than get an “oh, that’s nice” in an interview and maybe commiserate with fellow charterholders at conferences about what a pain in the ass an timesuck it was to get. But whatever, time to finish strong…who’s sprinting across the finish line with me? Where you at 2008 morning session? Come and get your fucking love…anybody got a couple spare Magnums I could borrow before I take this exam into my office? Don’t wanna impregnate this little lady…

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > malnoll Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I do notice that those who have said L3 is > > > tougher > > > are less able to understand underlying > > concepts, > > > beyond equations. The solution to both, > STUDY. > > > > I hate to break it to ya, but you might wanna > > brush on your powerful skills of deduction (and > > reading comprehension) - speaking only for > myself, > > I HIGHLY favor qualitative questions over > > quantitative questions (and is why for the past > > two levels I had trouble with Schweser mocks > but > > destroyed the actual test). > > > > I think the consensus on this thread (which it > > appears you must not have read at all) is the > the > > small question sample leads to more variation > in > > scores, making the test “harder to pass”, as > > you’ve got to master a higher % of the material > > (to ensure a pass) than you did at any other > > level. > > > Malnoll clearly googled us and has intimate > knowledge of our academic > backgrounds…My GED major was in > modern lit. I started out as a dual journalism and philosophy major before I switched over to the dark side.

This question is asked for every subsequent year of education. Is College/Uni harder than High School? Is the last year of College/Uni harder than the 1st? Is High School harder than Pre School? Is CFA L2 harder than L1? Is CFA L3 harder than L2? The answer is always yes, but guess what, somehow we managed to get through every year with flying colours. If you put in the work, you should be fine with each level of the CFA as well.

L3 is tougher for sure.