now what? guidance needed!

to all: (especially beatthecfa, if you are reading this!) okay - so im done with the Schweser notes (have been for a couple weeks). I have been taking a full practice exam every weekend (Schweser) and plan to continue this. 3 exams in and my grades are not stellar - started at 77, 79, 71 was my last one. i go back and review every question i got wrong and ones i thought were tricky. are these good schweser scores? what should i do during the week - read secret sauce, watch videos, re-read the material, do Qbank? also it is taking me like 1.5 - 2 hours to do the exams. if i dont know some of the questions, i just cannot figure them out i do not dwell, and the ones i do know take me little time. i think if i were more careful i would make less careless mistakes (there are a lot), but the questions are just so gd tricky sometimes… any advice here is appreciated as well. thanks!

secret sauce

how many practice exam is available with schweser

Well, after few practice exams I also started re-reading the material along with practice questions during the last few weeks, last yr.

Hi there! Listen everyones different, so I can’t really give you a study strategy that will definitely serve you well. What I can say is your scores should steadily increase from one mock to the othe especially if you’re reading during the week’s break in the middle. If you’re finishing Schweser exams so quickly, you should take even less time for the actual exam, so I recommend you SLOW DOWN. You have to cut down yoir careless mistakes and the number of questions you get wrong because you can’t recall the formula or the ratio. Have you tried taking the free CFA Mock. Tell me how you do on that. But yes, you should definitely continue reading the material. Schwser videos are more intriductory than anything else so there’s no point wasting time on those right now. Secret sauce might help, eleventh hour contains more information so it should help even more. I am disappointed in your third mock score. Did you now know the material or were you just overly careless? Takes these mocks seriously and learn from your mistakes. I’ll be visiting the board regularly, so keep posting

^there are 6 Schweser exams. I thought the CFAI mock was available in early May? That is what the website says. To clarify the exams are taking about 2 hours per part, so 4 hours total. Still too fast. The last exam I was very disappointed as well, I would say that I missed about 5-10 questions due to carelessness. Perhaps I was a little burnt out, but I do think it was a difficult exam. Anyway, I see which areas I am consistently strong in and where I need work (Economics is hurting me) and I have time to go back and review these topics. Thanks for the help, I will keep you posted.

^I am picking up the 11th Hour book from Elan and 2 mocks for $70 - I would be curious to see how you feel about their exams.

starbuk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > to all: (especially beatthecfa, if you are > reading this!) > > okay - so im done with the Schweser notes (have > been for a couple weeks). I have been taking a > full practice exam every weekend (Schweser) and > plan to continue this. 3 exams in and my grades > are not stellar - started at 77, 79, 71 was my > last one. i go back and review every question i > got wrong and ones i thought were tricky. > > are these good schweser scores? what should i do > during the week - read secret sauce, watch videos, > re-read the material, do Qbank? > > also it is taking me like 1.5 - 2 hours to do the > exams. if i dont know some of the questions, i > just cannot figure them out i do not dwell, and > the ones i do know take me little time. i think > if i were more careful i would make less careless > mistakes (there are a lot), but the questions are > just so gd tricky sometimes… any advice here is > appreciated as well. > > thanks! Starbuk - with these scores in April you will pass. If you keep up the effort, I am 100% sure you will pass. Keep drilling questions on Qbank, memorize the lists where needed in the curriculum, and keep taking practice exams. My scores were very similar to yours at this stage last year and I passed with 10/10 over 70. You won’t have any problems.

:))))))