Nuking fbook

I’m getting a bit tired of fbook. I waste too much time on it and lately Ive been concerned with how private it really is (ie the man is watching). I’ll sleep on it, but I’m pretty set on bouncing. Who’s with me?

I’ve deleted it off my phone a couple of times because of that reason (last month of studying for LII it was gone). I hear you.

I long ago packed it in. Have not regretted it at all.

If I had a normal, real social life I would not be on facebook. I’m only on it because it’s a substitute for what I’m lacking. I go on it when 1) i’m bored or 2) when I’m feeling lonely.

Got rid of it recently as well. I feel that once you hit 25, it’s time to move on and say your goodbyes to facebook. I will occasionally sign back in (you’re profile information, pictures etc, is never deleted fyi) check to make sure noone died, and then deactivate the account again.

volante99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got rid of it recently as well. I feel that once > you hit 25, it’s time to move on and say your > goodbyes to facebook. > > I will occasionally sign back in (you’re profile > information, pictures etc, is never deleted fyi) > check to make sure noone died, and then deactivate > the account again. Whoa whoa what? So my spring break pictures will never die??? More evidence why I should have treaded carefully on this quasi big brother website.

I don’t even have a facebook account. I’d prefer to have a face-to-face catch up with my friends either at a coffee place for lunch, a picnic at the park or a feast at my place. :smiley:

I got bored of facebook. It’s a good idea to have it since it will let me easily contact an old classmate, but checking everyday? total waste of time…

this is going on my facebook status

I would like to invite you all to be my friends. and please put the Places application to “on” so I can follow you around - whereever you go i can find you. its much more efficient that way. Poke Poke Confirm?

I deactivate my account when I’m not traveling. When I’m on the move its helpful for meeting up with old friends.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got bored of facebook. It’s a good idea to have > it since it will let me easily contact an old > classmate, but checking everyday? total waste of > time… +1 EDIT: I’ve moved around a lot since HS so it’s a pretty convenient way to keep in touch.

Grown men don’t do facebook.

I like facebook but I don’t have a problem with over-indulging in it. I spend a total of 5-10 minutes a day seeing what my family members post, my friends, and business associates post. I like how it is a storage space for pictures and I like seeing pictures and getting updates on my friends/family/love interests, etc. The key is not to abuse it. If you waste too much time on it, deactivate your account and come back to it later. But if you’re spending 5-10 minutes a day on it, it’s not a big deal.

You people are all this guy: http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-tel,429/

this one’s better -> http://www.theonion.com/articles/local-water-tower-celebrates-50th-year-as-reposito,17958/ i’m guessing this town is somewhere in michigan, not sure why

Agreed, FB is a waste of time…actually the internet in general isn’t that great.

So I nuked my fbook. However, if you log in, nothing is removed or erased. While it is inactive, people cannot search for you as a friend and so forth. Now I’m convinced the man is watching.