Number of ways

eight of the twelve PMs are eligible for bonus, but only 3 bonuses are available. Order of the bonus is important. Number of ways bonuses can be awarded is? Answer is 8P3. My doubt is why wouldn’t you choose PMs first from the group of 12 then award the bonus. Shouldn’t the answer be 12C8*8P3?

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eight of the twelve PMs are eligible for bonus, > but only 3 bonuses are available. Order of the > bonus is important. Number of ways bonuses can be > awarded is? Answer is 8P3. My doubt is why > wouldn’t you choose PMs first from the group of 12 > then award the bonus. Shouldn’t the answer be > 12C8*8P3? If I was to take a stab at it… maybe because the bonuses are for eligible PM’s (8), and it is irrelevant how many total employees there are. “Number of ways bonuses can be awarded” - based on the number of PM’s entitled for the bonus…

> If I was to take a stab at it… maybe because the > bonuses are for eligible PM’s (8), and it is > irrelevant how many total employees there are. > “Number of ways bonuses can be awarded” - based on > the number of PM’s entitled for the bonus… I mean I thought the same and attempted the same but really we are choosing from the bigger group so that should be accounted as well. right? I was saved because answer choice did not had that big number :slight_smile: