NYE plans

I don’t often do nothing in a day of work, but today was one of those days. 2 hour lunch combined with leaving by 2 pm does that.

So what’s the water cooler crew doing tonight? I plan on watching netflix and avoiding crowds and the amateur drunk driving extravaganza that seems to happen every year on this night.

I’m still at work. Fuuuuuuuu…

I left just before 2pm. Cooking a duck and hanging out with wife and kid at home with some Green Spot Whisky and/or Prosecco (and apple juice for the little guy). Tuning into Canada v. USA WJHC rerun in an hour (haven’t seen the score yet!). Very low key. The drunk driving tonight definitely is a reason to stay home.

Having a glass of homeade Bailey’s currently, then a little supper. Will probably see what’s going on out on the town…leaving the keys at home.

You won’t be dissapointed. Another new year’s eve classic.

As for my plans, going a friend of a friend’s penthouse.

Fantastic game, even better outcome. That third period was better than any hockey I’ve seen in years.

Headed home early and will be up early to hustle.

I had plans to watch the Moscow ballet’s nutcracker here in midland on Tuesday. Then we were heading to San antonio to watch the Lion King on Saturday.

On Tuesday afternoon, arctic storm Frona dumped ice and sleet all over us. Nutcracker got cancelled, and we won’t be able to get out of Midland in time to watch to get to the Saturday performance.

Thats right. I’ve lived in midland for four years, and this is the first time I’ve been frozen in place. And it wiped out both events I have been looking forward to for months now.

^ you guys had some pretty intense winter weather last year too.

So a review of the news this morning has some real Darwin awards:

-a 70 something year old man died after being hit by a drunk driver. He was crossing a street at night while not being in a crosswalk or intersection, which isn’t smart, but the driver shouldn’t have been drunk.

-two nutcases (man and woman) were chasing each other in cars and crashed into the same building

-3 people are dead after crashing into a police car followed by driving their car off the freeway and falling 30 feet and landing upside down

And people wonder why I don’t leave the house on NYE

NYE on Analyst Forum…wow!

^I know, right? It’s like, OMG!

tripped on mdma for the first time. damn, finally understood how these guys dance all night at edm festivals. this needs to go in the useful / creative drug category.

I was in south beach on Ocean Dr. Hell of a time