NYSSA first class

Does anyone know what will be covered (what study session) in the first session of NYSSA seminar? Do they go in order, 1-18?

you can find the course agenda here: http://www.nyssa.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=cfa_courses___prof_dev_courses&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=5714

Thanks!

so what did you guys think of last night’s class? I was impressed by Ronen. I think he’s going to do a good job by us. Especially thought his explanation of how essays are graded was interesting.

It was very beneficial to get color on the essay grading process and I do like him. I can see why we’ll need to read all the material prior to coming to calss as otherwise you’ll just be in the dark. I look forward to attending. My only gripe is the fact that the class is 250 ppl!!! And even bigger gripe is the two small bathrooms to accommodate…

The whole reason I signed up was for extra help in preparing for the essays. I’m pretty happy how he set everything up and what he says he’ll emphasize. Now I just have to actually finish the readings…

I agree on the large class size and measly bathrooms. I would only add a complaint about the size of the two panasonic screens in the middle of the room – you practically need a magnifying glass to read whatever he puts up there. All the more incentive to get through the readings ahead of time, i guess.

Ronen is great so far. Puts everything into perspective and keeps you on track with what matters…Being in the class makes me with I was back in school!

care to share a bit about the essay grading? I’m on the West Coast… wow that class looks well put together…

Only downside was the half hour line for the lift…

A perfect time to break out the CFAI curriculum and work through a few pages of the material. jcrick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Only downside was the half hour line for the > lift…

Or read the slides… Which I still haven’t received from schweser…

That reminds me, I really need to call them. I haven’t received mine either. jcrick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Or read the slides… Which I still haven’t > received from schweser…

anyone else concerned at the rate of progress?

A little, but he’s done this enough that if he isn’t concerned, I can live with it. Does anyone have any trouble staying awake for the first 20-30 minutes? I’m fine after 6:30, but before then I just can’t keep my head up.

lolly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so what did you guys think of last night’s class? > I was impressed by Ronen. I think he’s going to > do a good job by us. Especially thought his > explanation of how essays are graded was > interesting. Will appreciate folks insight on essay grading. thanx,

I’d say he had two cardinal rules for the essay: 1. keep it extremely clear (with bullet points if you can) 2. don’t answer more than you have to (question wants 3 reasons and you give 4)