NYSSA Passers!

http://www.nyssa.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=news_from_nyssa&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=5494

What is this?

Wow … a complete O-fer at level 3. That’s gotta hurt.

here’s level III http://www.nyssa.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=news_from_nyssa&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=5493

Hey, I’m a NYSSA member and I passed, but not on the list… Is it just for people who signed up for NYSSA’s Schwesser sessions?

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey, I’m a NYSSA member and I passed, but not on > the list… > > Is it just for people who signed up for NYSSA’s > Schwesser sessions? Probably not. The list contained 273 NYSSA members that passed the exam. I don’t know how many people were in the Schweser intensive review classes, but there were approximately 230+ in our weekly class. Assume that the pass rate for members of the class was 60% or better than the overall 50% pass rate for the Level III exam. That would imply that 138 people in the Schweser weekly review passed the exam. Therefore, I would assume the list includes both Schweser users and non-Schweser users. Strange as this may seem, I’m not convinced that the CFAI forwards test results to the local societies. Did you tell anyone at NYSSA that you passed? I sent an email to my Schweser instructor telling him that I passed and this got distributed to other people at NYSSA. You may want to call them and asked them to put you on the list.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey, I’m a NYSSA member and I passed, but not on > the list… > > Is it just for people who signed up for NYSSA’s > Schwesser sessions? I’m a member, passed, name’s on list, didn’t do Schweser lessons.

Interesting thing is that NYSSA does know I passed, and presumably they found out via the CFA institute. They sent me a congratulatory letter, and then told me that if I applied for NYSSA membership, they’d wave the application fee. I wrote back and said something like “thanks very much, but I’m already a paid-up member, having responded to this offer last year after Level I” So, something’s clearly amiss in their database. I wrote them a letter (not an angry one) just mentioning that I’m a member and would like to be on their list, since they have it up. Haven’t heard anything back yet.