Obama a Kenyan

so the POTUS just interrupted tv to set the record straight: he was ‘born’ in Honolulu, Hawaii. However, when the camera panned over the document, under ‘Birthplace’ it said ‘Kenya.’ now i’m more confused and went to the web to find this: Democrat: Obama’s grandma confirms Kenyan birth http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=78931 (edt.) The Pennsylvania Democrat [Philip J. Berg] who has sued Sen. Barack Obama demanding he prove his American citizenship – and therefore qualification to run for president – has confirmed he has a recording of a telephone call from the senator’s paternal grandmother confirming his birth in Kenya. He said the telephone call was from Obama’s paternal grandmother affirming she “was in the delivery room in Kenya when he was born Aug. 4, 1961.” Berg explained to Savage he believes Obama’s mother was near the end of her pregnancy and unable to travel by plane, so Obama was born in Kenya. The family then traveled to Hawaii and registered the birth and submitted the newspaper announcement. The claim states, “The ‘certificate’ that Mr. Obama has posted on his official Website is a ‘Certification of Live Birth,’ and not a ‘Birth Certificate’ from Hawaii. There is no indication on even this certificate as to specifically where the birth took place.” Berg also told Savage there is no information available on which hospital Obama’s mother used in Hawaii. The Washington state case also alleges, "Wayne Madsen, Journalist with Online Journal as a contributing writer and published an article on June 9, 2008, stating that a research team went to Mombasa, Kenya, and located a Certificate Registering the birth of Barack Obama, Jr. at a Kenya Maternity Hospital, to his father, a Kenyan citizen and his mother, a U.S. citizen. The Washington claim states, “If in fact Obama was born in Kenya, the laws on the books in the United States at the time of his birth stated if a child is born abroad and one parent was a U.S. Citizen, which would have been his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, Obama’s mother would have had to live ten (10) years in the United States, five (5) of which were after the age of fourteen (14). At the time of Obama’s birth, his mother was only eighteen (18) and therefore did not meet the residency requirements under the law to give her son (Obama) U.S. Citizenship much less the status of ‘natural born.’” Berg said he believed it also was a complication that Obama’s mother divorced his father, married and moved to Indonesia for several years and Obama attended school there at a time when, Berg said, only Indonesia citizens were allowed in schools. Records that are available from Indonesia revealed Obama was registered in school as Barry Soetoro, and his religion was listed as Islam. When Obama later returned to Hawaii, within the United States, there should have been a government document affirming his citizenship, but that also cannot be found. If that was not processed properly, Berg said, Obama would be in a situation even worse than not being a natural-born citizen. “If he didn’t go through immigration, he now is illegal and has been an illegal alien. He couldn’t even hold the position of senator for Illinois,” Berg said. Further, Berg said he suspected Obama’s college records may indicate he received aid as a foreigner, and that’s why those records have been withheld by the campaign. “I really think it’s because it probably indicates he’s from Kenya, or Indonesia, or received foreign aid,” Berg said.

Kenyan is the birthplace of his father.

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kenyan is the birthplace of his father. gotcha - was just looking at that http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/042711obamabirthwsj.pdf i still don’t get why it took that long or why he stuttered when trying to say ‘birth certificate.’ just seems really wierd.

Hmm… my question is, if you are the sort of person who believes in a conspiracy to elect a not-by-birth US citizen as President, then why would you believe that this birth certificate is authentic?

If I was president, I would not feel I have to prove my place of birth either. There are probably better things to do.

Good point Ohai. If you’re stupid enough to believe that an 18 year old women would leave a first rate hospital in the US and travel to Kenyan while 9-months pregnant to give birth and then make arrangements with 2 seperate paper to place adds announcing the birth on the off chance that the kid will grow to be president, you probably won’t change your mind from a pdf doc released on the internet.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm… my question is, if you are the sort of > person who believes in a conspiracy to elect a > not-by-birth US citizen as President, then why > would you believe that this birth certificate is > authentic? Yeah - agreed. I consider dude to be American, but the delay is kind of weird to me, and if I didn’t think he was born here I wouldn’t accept that PDF as proof of anything.

My birth certificate says “Certificate of Live Birth” on it. Are the birthers trying to tell me that I don’t have a birth certificate? So it looks like there may be a legal technicality that birthers can debate ad nauseum. This is clearly not about foreigners trying to seize the United States by taking the Presidency, which is why that clause is actually in the Constitution. In any case, for foreigners to take over the US, it’s probably cheaper and more subtle just to buy off Congress, buy our debt, and our corporations’ equity.

What legal technicality?

i don’t believe him just because of how hard it has been for them to say “here it is, look at all the info.” if he was, there would never have been any delay. and like the article said, if he was getting financial aid as a foreigner, that probably wouldn’t have helped. it would also make sense that the mom would want the document so she could get him citizenship, if she were abroad.

I think the reason that he has not released his birth certificate before this is that the whole question is stupid. The fact that the President of the United States even felt compelled to do this shows that this ridiculous situation is overblown.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i don’t believe him just because of how hard it > has been for them to say “here it is, look at all > the info.” if he was, there would never have been > any delay. and like the article said, if he was > getting financial aid as a foreigner, that > probably wouldn’t have helped. > > it would also make sense that the mom would want > the document so she could get him citizenship, if > she were abroad. Read the wiki page on Philip J. Berg.

Where’s the video? What would Cal Lightman say?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm… my question is, if you are the sort of > person who believes in a conspiracy to elect a > not-by-birth US citizen as President, then why > would you believe that this birth certificate is > authentic? Racist attitude from a struggling white male.

I think a good question is when will the below average in intelligence band together and demand equal treatment? Why is it ok for everybody to discriminate based on intelligence but not race, religion or gender? Dumba$$es of the world, unite!

This situation is like when Black people had to take literacy tests in order to vote – they have to prove themselves at every turn. Its wrong, sheer bigotry and disrespectful to the office of President. But, I do hope that when another minority with the last name of Hernandez, or Chun, or Polinski is elected President, we will be able to conduct ourselves with more maturity. This is ignorance – but its really fear. People are people – no matter what color we are. Where do we go from here – well it depends on where these crazy people move the goal post.

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What legal technicality? Anyone born today of an American mother is considered a US citizen, no matter where in the world they are born. It’s been that way for the last 25+ years. If Obama were born in Keyna under the current citizenship law, he would be eligible for the presidency as the child of an American mother, no questions asked. The argument of the birthers is that if Obama were born in Kenya (which hasn’t been established), then the citizenship law at the time he was born has additional stipulations on the mother’s residency requirements that we would not require today. So, it is a legal technicality, one which won’t apply to anyone in 10 years time, and which only applies in the first case if one can prove that he was born in Kenya (or elsewhere outside the US). It is not a gross violation of our sovereignty by some foreign conspiracy of brown people, as the right would like to point out.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LBriscoe Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Kenyan is the birthplace of his father. > > > gotcha - was just looking at that > > http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/0 > 42711obamabirthwsj.pdf > > > i still don’t get why it took that long or why he > stuttered when trying to say ‘birth certificate.’ > just seems really wierd. I thought you were more intelligent than this?

BChad come on the right isn’t saying he’s not a citizen. Certain fringe elements are, it’s not the RNC’s stance he’s not a citizen. And this isn’t that ridiculous, John Mccain, during the election, proved his citizenship because he wasn’t born in the US - where was your outrage Joe when this was happening? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html Some of your statements/anger/outrage is just as bad as the people you’re complaining about. Is Ohai white?

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > > i still don’t get why it took that long or why > he > > stuttered when trying to say ‘birth > certificate.’ > > just seems really wierd. > > I thought you were more intelligent than this? than what? pointing out that he can’t say with a straight face that he has a legal document proving his birth in the us? he just had the chance and couldn’t do it. what am i missing? you would think it would be extremely easy given what a great public speaker he is.