Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors (Europe/Asia disagree)

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s because the welfare programs in Germany > actually encouraged people to not work instead and > collect generous benefits instead of working. But > in the current economic mess, they are already > recovering from the recession and have a UI rate > of 7 percent versus 10 percent for US (17% if you > include the underemployed). And now we’re doing exactly that: continuously extending unemployment benefits. This is my point. The US is adopting European policies that will likely cause our natural rate of UE to rise.

I’m tired of paying for lazy people on this country!!! They should move their fat asses back to work and stop wasting my tax money on booze and tabacco!!!

Rise above what it is already? So you want to cut off the lifeline of the unemployed so they spend even less? Or do you prefer they all commit suicide?

Airheaded Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m tired of paying for lazy people on this > country!!! They should move their fat asses back > to work and stop wasting my tax money on booze and > tabacco!!! Ahh…so you are calling the millions of people who were laid off lazy and fat asses. You reek of compassionate conservatism.

I meant those that are more than happy to leave off of food stamps and make dosens of babies and get health insurance for free. I have nothing agaist those that lost their jobs but they keep looking for a solution. Bottom line is, I’m getty tired of paying 35% taxes and those that never worked one day are getting a tax refund for the thousands of kids they have!!!

Airheaded Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I meant those that are more than happy to leave > off of food stamps and make dosens of babies and > get health insurance for free. I have nothing > agaist those that lost their jobs but they keep > looking for a solution. > > Bottom line is, I’m getty tired of paying 35% > taxes and those that never worked one day are > getting a tax refund for the thousands of kids > they have!!! I am against that too. I think such people should be incentivized to have zero kids unless we adopt Chinese style tactics.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rise above what it is already? So you want to cut > off the lifeline of the unemployed so they spend > even less? Or do you prefer they all commit > suicide? Not sure how you deducted that from my statement. The natural unemployment rate in the US is NOT 10% – it’s more like 4.5-5%. What I am saying is if we keep extending unemployment benefits, the natural rate might rise to 7 or 8% (like Germany, since that seems to be the example we’re going with) when we emerge from this recession. A friend of one of my colleagues runs a tax prep business, and has had a lot of difficulty finding part-time help because people can make more from their unemployment benefits than they can working at this company. I’m not saying that we should do away with unemployment benefits, but when Congress keeps extending them, it doesn’t provide much motivation to take menial jobs.

The problem is that they represent 30-40% of the total population and they just get a free ride while the other half work their butts of and pay taxes. This is the American dream!

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Rise above what it is already? So you want to > cut > > off the lifeline of the unemployed so they > spend > > even less? Or do you prefer they all commit > > suicide? > > > Not sure how you deducted that from my statement. > The natural unemployment rate in the US is NOT 10% > – it’s more like 4.5-5%. What I am saying is if > we keep extending unemployment benefits, the > natural rate might rise to 7 or 8% (like Germany, > since that seems to be the example we’re going > with) when we emerge from this recession. > > A friend of one of my colleagues runs a tax prep > business, and has had a lot of difficulty finding > part-time help because people can make more from > their unemployment benefits than they can working > at this company. I’m not saying that we should do > away with unemployment benefits, but when Congress > keeps extending them, it doesn’t provide much > motivation to take menial jobs. I get the feeling that the housing bubble masked the natural unemployment rate for the US which probably will be 10 percent for a long time. This is a structural shift ine employment that has occurred in the country.

Airheaded Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The problem is that they represent 30-40% of the > total population and they just get a free ride > while the other half work their butts of and pay > taxes. This is the American dream! Its tough to argue when it’s put into that context, however, we have to realize that we aren’t working to make tax revenue, we are working to make personal revenue, we wouldn’t work if the hurdle rate on taxes was higher than our personal income.

Airheaded Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The problem is that they represent 30-40% of the > total population and they just get a free ride > while the other half work their butts of and pay > taxes. This is the American dream! I don’t buy that 30-40% of Americans are making their living off welfare. Source of stats please?

@marcus: we have already had this conversation and you apparently didn’t get the memo, but you need to hush since steph, airhead, and many others on here are about to be paying for your living expenses, savings, benefits and retirement;)

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Airheaded Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The problem is that they represent 30-40% of > the > > total population and they just get a free ride > > while the other half work their butts of and > pay > > taxes. This is the American dream! > > > I don’t buy that 30-40% of Americans are making > their living off welfare. Source of stats please? this is understandable considering only 2/3s of the country’s population works at all… plus the 10% on unemployment equals 43%, although i don’t think he was actually arguing this point but was exaggerating.

adavydov7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @marcus: we have already had this conversation and > you apparently didn’t get the memo, but you need > to hush since steph, airhead, and many others on > here are about to be paying for your living > expenses, savings, benefits and retirement;) Yeah In return i will make sure that your tax dollars won’t we wasted by the scientists, PhDs etc. Plus my agency will find a cure for any disease that you and your family (god forbid) are or may suffer from. So you are getting a pretty sweet deal.

Nobody is going to find a cure for anything. Curing something immediately cannabilizes your future revenue. Need to forget about cures. Treating is where the money is made and the research will go.

Anti-business - No Anti-Wall Street - Certaintly It’s funny how people always associate business with Wall Street. Of course “Bloomberg” subscribers will say he’s anti-business. He’s the party pooper to them.

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nobody is going to find a cure for anything. > Curing something immediately cannabilizes your > future revenue. Need to forget about cures. > Treating is where the money is made and the > research will go. That is exactly why you have Federal Institutes, Universities and Research hospitals doing the research who are motivated by a higher cause than revenues.

^Your allocation procedures have become suboptimal and inefficient (compared to say the 60s). The money you allocate no longer goes to those who are capable of making the greatest contribution (I have seen how the money is spent from the inside), so don’t delude yourself into thinking that your role is going to solve all of our problems or prevent my money from being wasted! That said, I do believe this money is allocated more efficiently than say the money we pay for SSN, Medicare or Medicaid (which BTW makes up a much larger portion of what we pay in then what goes to science/research)…then again anything is more efficient than sending your money in to the govt to have them set it on fire.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rydex Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Nobody is going to find a cure for anything. > > Curing something immediately cannabilizes your > > future revenue. Need to forget about cures. > > Treating is where the money is made and the > > research will go. > > > That is exactly why you have Federal Institutes, > Universities and Research hospitals doing the > research who are motivated by a higher cause than > revenues. Riiiiggggttt. The federal institutes are funded via politicians who are funded via pharmaceutical companies, etc. Pharmaceutical companies and special interests steer the research and FDA approval process.

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Rydex Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Nobody is going to find a cure for anything. > > > Curing something immediately cannabilizes > your > > > future revenue. Need to forget about cures. > > > Treating is where the money is made and the > > > research will go. > > > > > > That is exactly why you have Federal > Institutes, > > Universities and Research hospitals doing the > > research who are motivated by a higher cause > than > > revenues. > > > > > Riiiiggggttt. The federal institutes are funded > via politicians who are funded via pharmaceutical > companies, etc. Pharmaceutical companies and > special interests steer the research and FDA > approval process. I dunno about that…as long as the scientists are not in a constant fear to produce short term “treatments” and can focus on longer term sustainable research like they do in the Universities and Research Hospitals, we will have the breakthroughs we need to cure disease. A lot of scientists, Research MDs are motivated by more than just money.