Objective in CV

Here is objective which I write in my CV : “I aspire for a challenging job where I can exercise my analytical and financial analysis skills” Is it appropriate ? If not , can someone help with a better one. I appeared for CFA level 3 examination in June this year. I am looking for position as research analyst. Have 2.5 years experience but not related to finance Thanks and Regards

I removed my objective after I got into the industry.

Agree with nups, but I think the objective can strengthen your resume, particularly if you’re changing industries. It should be directed exactly at the job opening however. You’re using a derivative of “analysis” twice in one sentence. Also, consider using the word “role” instead of “job”. Also, simplify your verbosity. All you’re really saying here is “OBJECTIVE: Challenging analytical finance role,” which doesn’t go into much, let alone that you want to do research. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but based on this snippet you might want to work on your writing skills.

garbadge.

cover letter should be enough

CFA.Genie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here is objective which I write in my CV : > > “I aspire for a challenging job where I can > exercise my analytical and financial analysis > skills” > Is there anyone that *doesn’t* appear for a challenging job that requires them to use their analytical horsepower? Definitely strike the “objective” from your CV, as well as traces of this in your cover letter or other professional documents. A line like this makes you seem unfocused and uninformed; if you were to include an objective, you should be much more specific about your reasons for wanting to do an industry. The statement above would not be a good reason to apply for a finance job.

Here is my objective I write on my CV “to get a finance job” I think this is appropriate

Yes numi, but you missed the key word: “aspire.” Employers like words like that.

Oh…oops. What I meant to say is that: “Is there anyone that *doesn’t* ASPIRE (not ‘appear,’ oops…) for a challenging job that requires them to use their analytical horsepower?” Anyway, time for me to aspire for something really tasty for lunch today.

I don’t think “aspire for” is grammatically correct. I think you can have “aspirations for” something or you can “aspire to” something.

No…changing “aspire for” to “having aspirations for” might be grammatically correct as well, but would lead to -1 on sentence correction if we were talking about the GMAT. The best usage is “aspire for” when followed by a direct object.

In American English – the only kind that matters – gamblingeconomist is right. It is always "aspire to " or "have aspirations to ". Either way it’s awkward and adds nothing. Just get rid of it.

“Aspire to” is usually followed by a verb, as in “aspire to be” “aspire to have” “aspire to debauch,” etc…

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Aspire to” is usually followed by a verb, as in > “aspire to be” “aspire to have” “aspire to > debauch,” etc… Aspire to “you know.”

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Aspire to “you know.” Now that’s a good resume objective.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Aspire to “you know.” > > Now that’s a good resume objective. I aspire to have fun reading threads like this. Poor Genie, CFA.Genie!

I agree with the consensus. If you are going to have an ‘objectives’ section at the top of your CV, it should be tailored to each position specifically and should effectively read as a mini cover letter. Depending on the circumstances, this can sometimes be preferrable to writing a separate cover letter. I think a cover letter should be sincere and to the point. Why do you want the position and what value would you add? One generic sentence like that will not add value in my opinion. Probably the opposite in fact.

If anyone is aspiring to a position, they probably aren’t qualified to have it. That’s my take.

My 2c - that is what a well written cover letter is for. Leave the resume/CV alone. Either your Objective will be too broad to be relevant or too specific to be impactful (AKA - its obvious the objective was written specifically for the job opening at hand, and it goes without saying your objective would be to have that job or else you wouldnt apply for it). So its lame.

I know i am replying to 13yr old post just to know what you all are doing now. i am working at www.intelligentcv.app and post interviews of experienced persons. If you can share your thoughts on objective in resume will help me. I just curious to know how much difference in your reply compared to old