Occupation

Associate, Emerging Markets Trading, mostly focusing on IR derivatives and currencies; also a bulge-bracket

Credit Analyst (Canadian chemical distributor ~$1bn annual sales) - I don’t know if it’ll be considered as appropriate work experience though. No investment related analysis. More like monitoring receivables and granting credit to oil & gas, drilling & blending companies based on perceived levels of risk.

Financial Analyst doing M&A work for a small firm.

Business Analyst - Investment Management Firm (MF , ETFs etc). 2.5 years of exp. I am 25 and already have an MBA…

MBA Full time Student (specializong in finance, so lots of the material in the MBA is helping me with the L2 curriculum) Previously Personal Banker, Long distance telecommunication markets analyst.

Acquisition Analyst - Corporate Development — Wanting to get an MBA to get into M&A at a bulge bracket…

PM - Strategic Trading System (Private Banking)

industrial floor maintenance sanitation engineer

Unemployed, right out of college, passed level 1 in December, looking for a job in not the best of times…Believe it or not, not one company/recruiter has contacted me and soon I’ll be broke and forced to work at a gas station or something…Anyone know of any analyst opportunities for entry level? I’m 22 and I can’t live in the hope that once I pass level 2 things will be alright because thats what I said before I passed level 1…Suggestions?

My point, to those who questioned, was that what is the value added of getting the charter if you are already a PM? If you are already a legit (sp?) PM/Analyst then #1 you already know everything you need to get the CFA and #2 you dont have the time in your schedule to allow you to get the charter. I could be way off here…but im speaking from my experience.

Sell-side Equity Research in a large Canadian Investment Bank

Hey preetchawla, where are you from/where do you reside?

I’m in a similar position right now. McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxada269 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > What does this job entail? Performance > analysis > > of funds, etc? > > Performance reporting for the firm’s institutional > clients. Setting benchmarks, calculating > performance, analyzing risk/return, etc.

I was offered a similar job. It was higher paying then the one I took as an Equity analyst for a very small buyside shop. Do you like that job? Do you want to continue doing the same thing or are you looking elsewhere once you pass all 3 levels?

Back office for a trust company, corporate reorg group

I work as an Engineering Project Manager for a french multinational in Toronto. I passed L1 in Dec and hope to start MBA in Fall '09. If all goes well, then i should have all three levels under my belt before applying for internship in b-school. Hoping that having passed the CFA exams coupled with GMAT 770 will give me an edge in admission and internship process. Besides i enjoy the material. No sweat! Sarthak.

lxada269 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was offered a similar job. It was higher paying > then the one I took as an Equity analyst for a > very small buyside shop. > > Do you like that job? Do you want to continue > doing the same thing or are you looking elsewhere > once you pass all 3 levels? I assume that you are referring to my job… I like the job enough for the time being. I started out as an FA at Morgan Stanley, which pretty much sucked but it helped me get into the industry (NASD licenses, contacts, etc). I took the job as a Performance Analyst at a regional firm because I hated sales and the analytical role was more fitting with my background in finance (early life as an FA is all sales and little substance). This job is interesting enough and usually doesn’t require me to work more than 50 hrs per week (so that I have time to complete CFA). Once I complete all 3 levels of the CFA, I will reevaluate my options.

hey lxada, can you email me at bonneysivia AT gmail. I have a few questions for you.

research analyst at a buy side shop (1st job right after undergrad)

credit analyst - for a large ratings firm…