Occupation

Materials mgmt in an EPC company. 29 years old.

Management consulting analyst. Advise smallish investment advisory firms (typically on the HNW side of the business) on strategy, valuation, financial management and human capital. Previously worked for a large asset management shop as an analyst in their portable alpha and overlay strategy group.

Will start my first job as a Management Trainee in the Structured Finance team of Investment Banking Division of an Indian Bank sometime in June.

I got my MBA one year ago. and worked as a marketing Research Analyst. but can’t give up my passion on Finace, so I took CFA level last Dec. Amazingly, I passed. --well I worked very hard. Now I am taking L2 on June with you guys. lxada269: you said your company is hiring people with no prior experience. Can they hire me? I hardly have experience in investment and smart enough to understand basics. i should make a perfect candidate, right?

naivejoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got my MBA one year ago. and worked as a > marketing Research Analyst. but can’t give up my > passion on Finace, so I took CFA level last Dec. > Amazingly, I passed. --well I worked very hard. > Now I am taking L2 on June with you guys. > > lxada269: you said your company is hiring people > with no prior experience. Can they hire me? I > hardly have experience in investment and smart > enough to understand basics. i should make a > perfect candidate, right? If we were hiring, sure! As long as you have graduated from a top tier MBA program with excellent grades, you would probably be considered.

ER London

Investment Research Analyst for a Wealth Mgmt Group in Waterloo, Canada

regulatory reporting for a noted investment bank. it’s the pits, really, so i’m hoping the cfa gives me some leverage. i’ll probably be able to switch out at the end of 18 months (the grace period we have here) because i passed level 1. i’m 22, so i think time is on my side.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > industrial floor maintenance sanitation engineer HAHAHAHA awesome!! By the way - been there, done that. Good times. Somebody has to engineer proper maintenance sanitation for our industries’ floors! That was my gig as I was working on my BComm :wink: Now I’m a Financial Analyst (read project/structured finance) for a renewable energy company.

I have 10+ years in IT software dev and delivery and project management trying to transition into asset mgmt… already got an MBA in Finance in august of last year… I am finding it very difficult for employers to even call me for an interview… kinda frustrating… but am sticking with the plan of earning charter by next July…

sell-side analyst

Loan trading MO baby! Gota love macros.

I work in MBS technology. While studying for my L1 I was a system administrator and couldn’t be farther away from what I was hoping to be doing once I have earned my charter.

investment analyst

24, Portfolio Management Associate for FA team (7 CFAs!) in large brokerage firm

sarthak Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I work as an Engineering Project Manager for a > french multinational in Toronto. I passed L1 in > Dec and hope to start MBA in Fall '09. If all goes > well, then i should have all three levels under my > belt before applying for internship in b-school. > Hoping that having passed the CFA exams coupled > with GMAT 770 will give me an edge in admission > and internship process. > > Besides i enjoy the material. No sweat! > > Sarthak. I am a student but pretty same plan as Sarthak…

Credit Analyst, asset finance.

Syndications Associate - Loan Syndications

I’m a corporate financial analyst and i’m 30 yrs old w/ master degree in Economics. would I be benefited in the current job by passing CFA?