% of people passing all exams...?

Does anyone know the percentage of people who sign-up for the exams and actually go through and pass all three? How about the percentage of people that go through it in consecutive years and do not fail? I know it should not matter if someone goes through it without failing or does fail (and yes CFAI expresses this point) but I just want some percentages so I can throw them in peoples faces when everyone complains about me studying too much. Most people just completly don’t understand, I need to put it in perspective. Someone told me that like 10-20% go through it without failing…? -Thanks.

99% of all statistics are made up. but the thing is nobody bothers to check them. so if you really care that much about what they think, just say 10%… opps i just realized i forgot about ethics…what i wrote above is entirely incorrect and should not be used. It is an example of what an unethical person would do… and not properly framing the CFA Program in the proper light. As well as promoting acts that are unprofessional and should not be used.

I sure hope it’s not 10%, else 90% of us will be gone.

If by “us”, you mean AF-ers, then you don’t have a representative sample.

Interesting! why not? Unless you have a hypothesis that says that people who gravitate to online forums are smarter/dumber than the rest? And then you’ll have to show that this can’t be rejected.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Interesting! why not? Unless you have a > hypothesis that says that people who gravitate to > online forums are smarter/dumber than the rest? > And then you’ll have to show that this can’t be > rejected. This forum has a much higher pass rate than average. People who gravitate to online forums are not smarter/dumber than the rest, but i would say the people on this forum, who check it regularly are more dedicated to the exam. The exams are very difficult, but I think a good percentage of people who fail are just not dedicated enough to it.

Be careful with your hypothesis! First of all you don’ know how the silent majority on this forum actually do on the exams. Secondly, people who post their results are usually the ones who pass, so you have a survivorship bias here. Third, one can argue that people who lounge a lot on this forum are wasting precious study time.

"Secondly, people who post their results are usually the ones who pass, so you have a survivorship bias here. " Dreary, your point explains exactly why this forum is not a representative sample. I am not including the non-posters in the sample because I have no idea who they are and we don’t have any idea if they even show up for the exam. I believe (but haven’t tested, admittedly) that the people who post frequently (particularly to the forums dedicated to specific levels) have more motivation and interest in the exam than the average exam taker who doesn’t post here. This is a tough enough exam that motivation and interest are key factors in passing, so the level of interest that leads to posting is likely to lead to better studying. Some day, when I have more free time, maybe I will test this hypothesis, but it seems extremely likely on the surface, and certainly far more likely that the idea that the posters here are equivalent to a random sample of test-takers, which is what a representative sample would mean.

Yeah we do and you will too. People on AF pass this exam. Just like you will.

> … Just like you will. Are you referring to me, Joey? Wow, the Oracle of AF just pronounced me passed!

I have heard one in five finish the process, one in ten finish it in 3 exams.

I suppose “one in ten finish it in 3 exams” come from the rough estimate from past pass-rates 0.4 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.1 right? But there is a distortion from fact that many sit for an exam more than once, and many sign up for an exam but never actually take it (I’d guess especially so for the Level I exam). There is too little information to draw conclusions. But I’d agree with Joey & Chadwick in that people on AF have a greater likelihood of passing all three levels.

Dear all, I have one question about the CFA certification. If candidate passes all three levels and satisfied all other requirements, (s)he will get the charter and officially recognize as CFA chart holder. But how about the FA-ers who passed L1 and L2? After passing L1 or L2, does candidate get any certification or document from CFAI showing that he/she passed the exams. Some companies accept employment of FA-ers but how can we approve them we joint and passed L1 or L2? Tks!

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > … Just like you will. > > Are you referring to me, Joey? Yep (bchadwick, too).

Anyway, the number of people who go 3/3 seems to be significantly higher than the independence number of 0.4*0.5*0.5 (last multiplier there is bogus) = 0.1 would suggest. There is a significant cohort who have very little chance of failing an exam. Without naming any names, people like maratikus have almost no chance of failing a level as long as they don’t have some low probability other event happen to them (e.g., sickness, family problem). If I could bet on individual candidates at the odds implied by the unconditional probabilities above, I could make unlimited money with very small risk.

MehdiOchre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I suppose “one in ten finish it in 3 exams” come > from the rough estimate from past pass-rates 0.4 x > 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.1 right? But there is a distortion > from fact that many sit for an exam more than > once, and many sign up for an exam but never > actually take it (I’d guess especially so for the > Level I exam). There is too little information to > draw conclusions. But I’d agree with Joey & > Chadwick in that people on AF have a greater > likelihood of passing all three levels. no doubt the real figure is a bit higher. Either way, passing all of these exams over any time period or number of attempts is an a pretty cool feat in my book.

just curious - how many do you think go 3/3 with top quantiles on every topic area on each level? that would be cool.

one guy we know is mo34 :slight_smile:

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just curious - how many do you think go 3/3 with > top quantiles on every topic area on each level? > that would be cool. That would be insane…especially on the IPS’ for L3…

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > one guy we know is mo34 :slight_smile: Someone actually did that?