Off to Seoul

I’m splitting to Seoul for a week, leaving this Friday. Any unique tips from my fellow CFAers welcome. Scouting for potential relocation while I’m there, good district to live? Komapsumnida!

I hear that Seoul food is good. But skip the collard greens.

-1 BCW

^lol bchadwick cracked a joke, it’s a good day.

I have had some friends who have been there and they say that Korea is great to visit but they wouldn’t want to work or live there. The food is good, better than most other Asian cities. Tokyo or Shanghai are better places to live. Do you have a choice of other Asian cities?

Shanghai would be my choice but since we do not have an office there it is Singapore, Seoul or Beijing.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Shanghai would be my choice but since we do not > have an office there it is Singapore, Seoul or > Beijing. man, you got stuck with some winners. I guess I would pick Seoul amont those. Korean women are hot but standoffish.

Went there for two weeks a couple years ago. Check out the Military Museum, I found that pretty interesting. There’s a big tower that gives you a nice view of the city. Also, I’m not sure where about this is, but good job if you find it, there’s a boat that can take you out wakeboarding on the Han River, but yeah, somewhere along the river in the city, maybe you will meet somebody that knows where it is… Oh and drink lots of Soju

Korean women rule, the standoffishness is just conservativeness. You can’t go “guns a blazin” style or they will run away. :wink: I will check it out, my understanding is the weather is harsh, the dinning amazing, the city packed solid and with little nature, hot women, less expensive than US but nowhere near as cheap as China, good nightlife, fun friendly people. Sing I hear is good weather all year long, expensive, food from all over especially Chinese, and that’s all I know. Very interested in China but not really Beijing, it doesn’t sound very cool. Anyone been there?

I went to a club in Beijing and Chinese girls are pretty horny. One chinese guy tried to fight me because his girlfriend started dancing with me. Good times.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sing I hear is good weather all year long, > expensive, food from all over especially Chinese, > and that’s all I know. For some people, Singapore’s humidity is a killer. I can’t stand the day without air con or I’ll be sweating like I was at the treadmill for hours.

Check out this article about Seoul: http://wanderme.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/seoul-ful-sojourn In general, I find Korean women to be hotter than other Asian women. But I guess that’s because a large proportion of them undergo plastic surgery in their teens/early-20’s.

vogriphach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > In general, I find Korean women to be hotter than > other Asian women. But I guess that’s because a > large proportion of them undergo plastic surgery > in their teens/early-20’s. +1

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Very interested in China but not really Beijing, > it doesn’t sound very cool. Anyone been there? Beijing is obviously the political capital of China and is the educational center as well, but I dont think it is a great place to live(note that I have never been there but have had friends visit there). Amazing sightseeing place though. Best places in China for expats have to be either Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Yeah, definitely visit Beijing, but it’s hard to recommend living there, unless you are very well connected and enjoy political chess-playing on a highly unlevel field.

Amount of plastic surgery = perfect negative correlation to attractiveness of female

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amount of plastic surgery = perfect negative > correlation to attractiveness of female iheartbignaturals

Serviced By Others Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Amount of plastic surgery = perfect negative > > correlation to attractiveness of female > > > iheartbignaturals +1

vogriphach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In general, I find Korean women to be hotter than > other Asian women. But I guess that’s because a > large proportion of them undergo plastic surgery > in their teens/early-20’s. Yep they are naturally curvier than say Chinese and very humorus and lively. As this is the first time for me observing them in their natural habitat I will report back with my findings on Nov 2. True, the plastic surgery thing is a huge out of control fad. There are lots of Korean movies on the topic, rent “Time” from Netflix.

I don’t think fake curves properly constitutes “naturally curvier.”