Off work before exam?

my company gives 1 week off before exam.

2 days off, im using unpaid leave.

I can’t take any time off before the exam due to our month end cycle. I also don’t get given any study leave as my company don’t support the CFA exam, so its not an ideal situation. However, like some others have said, I’m hoping that by preparing over the last few months there’ll be no need to cram towards the end. If anything, I think that would just make me more stressed.

I work as a contractor so taking off costs me $$$$$ I’ll probably still try to take a few days that week. But as someone else said, if you need the time off, you’re probably not well prepared to begin with and are in cramming mode which is not good.

this thread should really be, “Off work AFTER exam?”

jlive1975 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I work as a contractor so taking off costs me > $$$$$ > > I’ll probably still try to take a few days that > week. But as someone else said, if you need the > time off, you’re probably not well prepared to > begin with and are in cramming mode which is not > good. I disagree with this, the last few days before an exam are crucial. Even if you decide to do nothing related to study at least you have the option to do so, or just get yourself in the right frame of mind. No point in having a potentially busy period at work right before an exam which you have spent a lot of time and money to do so, and then ultimately not giving yourself the preparation that you see fit. Obviously in your scenario, the more time you spend not working the more you are missing out on financially. That’s not to say everyone has this problem so and if they have holiday time to take at that stage of the year then no better reason to take it in my opinion! Fair enough some people like to say they don’t need the time off as it suggests “cramming” or a lack of preparation, but I’d like to see these people in and around the 3-5th December! Personally I’ll be at home and studying a reasonable amount if required, and have given myself a window to do so if necessary.

I know of about 15 people who took the exam in June and none of them got any time off. 14 passed…

I took a week of vacation before Level I in 12/07 and Level II in 6/08 and was able to pass both. Among other things, make sure that you read the ethics book in it’s entirety the week before the exam.

Thought I would take two weeks off work before the exam, but since I have now lost my job as a result of the market crashing here in Moscow, I now have all the time in the world to study… I guess that is one of the few silver linings of being unemployed…

I took 10 vacation days… The backoffice doesn’t care about CFA.

To the people who took time off, were you not prepared and just crammed for the last 2 weeks?