Off work before exam?

How much time do you take off from work before the Dec exam?

I’m planning on taking the week before the exam off. I’ll probably head to the local university in get in a solid eight hours each day. The day before the exam is a travel day for me, so only some light review.

I will be allowed only 2 weeks

I will be doing a couple days and was wondering if it is enough?

2 months.

im taking 5 days off. my work gives us only 1 day - can you believe they give the same amount of leave for a CFA exam as a uni exam? the two are hardly comparable!

im taking 5 days off. my work gives us only 1 day study leave - can you believe they give the same amount of leave for a CFA exam as a uni exam? the two are hardly comparable!

im taking 5 days unpaid leave. my work gives us only 1 day study leave - can you believe they give the same amount of leave for a CFA exam as a uni exam? the two are hardly comparable!

I’m taking three personal days off before the exam to finalize my studying in addition to having been studying since August 4th and I’m now at 65% completion with CFAI texts.

I’m taking 5 days off as well… my company gives me ZERO study days! I have to use 5 vacation days!!

3 weeks (because I am always disturbed when studying…) all on personal account. My company said : We approve the CFA and encourage it but don’t recognize it for a higher salary and don’t give additional holidays!

I am also taking 5 days unpaid days off. My company does not give me any study days.

My company does not give me any study days and they also would not approve any vacation days the week before the test. We are busy at the beginning of the month and no vacation is allowed. Basically my boss will try make me work until 9pm on Friday before the exam :frowning:

I think that’s when calling sick applies…

dlo - that would be pretty obvious… I might resort to that though. My boss is impossible to reason with…

I took L1 in 2006. Take 5 days off. Trust me, this exam is like nothing you’ve done before.

Why are you taking time off? If you are prepared it shouldn’t be an issue. I didnt take any time off and did fine. Just read ethics the last couple days and go over the formulas. Taking vacation time or personal time off is dumb, if the company wants to give it to you by all means take it otherwise it is a waste.

Most people here are complaining ‘my company don’t give me Study Time off’… i was just curious which company TODAY gives you study days OFF? Probably a top insurance company in their actuarial division.

I know SunLife Financial gives you one whole WEEK off prior to the CFA exam… even if you’re in an entry-level finance position.

My former company was giving 2 days off.