Official 2009 FRM Exam Result Analysis - by Quartiles

WHOLLY SHIT I SCORED 1ST QUARTILE IN EVERYTHING!!! HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE??? I actually bet my GF $100 after the exam that I failed!!! WTF!!! I think I am more convinced now that I failed and their system is f’ed!!!

adavydov7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ! I think I am more convinced now that I > failed and their system is f’ed!!! my thoughts exactly.

I bet a whole lot more than that. I think I’ll get a new car. But at least I scored closer to fail then you did :slight_smile:

1st Quartile across the board except for operational risk was 3rd quartile.

I am in the 1st Quartile in Quants… (goes without saying where I’m from) and 2nd in all others.

5 sections in 1st, 2 in 2nd, 1 in 3rd and 1 in 4th. Pretty much what I expected, if not better.

3 sections in 1st 4 sections in 2nd 2 sections in 4th must have only just passed!!!

3 in 1st quartile 3 in 2nd quartile 2 in 3rd quartile 1 in 4th quartile almost as per expectation but never expected I’d get 4th quartile in Foundation of Risk management , guess i did some blunders

2nd • Foundations of Risk Management 1st • Quantitative Analysis 1st • Financial Markets and Products 1st • Valuation and Risk Models 1st • Market Risk Measurement and Management 1st • Credit Risk Measurement and Management 2nd • Operational and Integrated Risk Management 2nd • Risk Management and Investment Management 1st • Current Issues in Financial Markets

Hey guys, need your help deciding something Is this too late to register for the FRM exam? Or, should I just go for PRM instead given FRM LEVEL1 is less than 2 months away Any generous thoughts are highly appreciated

grad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, need your help deciding something > Is this too late to register for the FRM exam? Or, > should I just go for PRM instead given FRM LEVEL1 > is less than 2 months away > > Any generous thoughts are highly appreciated Depends on your experience with the topics, the time you have to study each day, and your willingness to make the secrifice.

@grad IMO , 2 months are quite enough for L1 if you can spend good amount of time with the materials . I did full exam in 3 months so I presume L1 is quite doable in 2 months . PRM is also a good program , but I highly appreciate the FRM materials . I am also taking PRM in april end

thanks for replying guys, @factor hedge, so personally you would rate FRM syllabus more useful and relevant to the current scenario than PRM which seems to be a more textbook style exam? how would you compare how much you enjoyed learning PRM syllabus compared to FRM? Does schweser exaggerates the difference here? u can email me at grad.analyst@gmail.com in case ur time permits u to impart some gyan

1st • Foundations of Risk Management 1st • Quantitative Analysis 1st • Financial Markets and Products 2nd • Valuation and Risk Models 3rd • Market Risk Measurement and Management 2nd • Credit Risk Measurement and Management 4th • Operational and Integrated Risk Management 1st • Risk Management and Investment Management 2nd • Current Issues in Financial Markets

2 x 1st quartile 4 x 2nd quartile 3 x 3rd quartile 0 x 4th quartile