official CFA books or Schweister

What is the main difference between the study materials provided by Schweister and CFA institute? Is one better than the other?

All I know is the CFAI books are huge. I would imagine the Schweser books are the cliff notes version, set to only hit on the LOS.

“Schweister” Amazing spelling, especially with the Schweser link at the top of the page.

with that spelling I almost want to yell it at someone, with a german accent “Schweister!!”

How is it supposed to be pronounced? I say “schweser” phonetically, yet some people pronounce it ‘Schwytser’… am i missing something here?

I beleive it’s pronounced: sh-WAY-zer

Dolomite Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > with that spelling I almost want to yell it at > someone, with a german accent “Schweister!!” lol, I had to step away from my desk for a moment after reading this I was laughing so hard. Good thing my colleagues already know I’m mad loco… The next motorist who cuts me off or errant pedestrian who bumps me on the sidewalk is going to get an ear full of “Schweister!!” with a double-helping of German accent. That’ll teach 'em…

I laughing hard too. I don’t know if the orginal poster accidently mispelled it or did it on purpose to describe a rip-off artist… “Schiester”!