Officially 16 weeks to exam....

Ok time to get serious and hit the gas pedal and put this bad boy in the next gear boys and girls…time to stop procrastinating and start the anti social life for 4 months. Good luck to all….

Little early for over-drive…I’m thinking March 15.

i’m keeping my thursday happy hours. No one can take that away from me.

i even haven’t started studying yet… so no worries mate - you’ll do fine!

dam…thanks for the reminder

Well I have only so far read Quant, but the last readying R13 I was compleltely lost and have to re read…so I think its time to step it up and do consistent studying everyday, at least for me its that time. Or I will run out of time again like last year and marginally fail…which is the worst feeling ever……

“Or I will run out of time again like last year and marginally fail…which is the worst feeling ever……” I’ve had worse…

N.Van, i just finished reading 13 in Quant as well. A little lost. Considering this is new, i also think it’ll be tested. They’ll probably replace that Dummy Variable set with Reading 13 questions. Def needs a re-read. fairly confusing first time around.

“N.Van, i just finished reading 13 in Quant as well. A little lost. Considering this is new, i also think it’ll be tested. They’ll probably replace that Dummy Variable set with Reading 13 questions. Def needs a re-read. fairly confusing first time around.” This is getting painful already…

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “N.Van, i just finished reading 13 in Quant as > well. A little lost. Considering this is new, i > also think it’ll be tested. They’ll probably > replace that Dummy Variable set with Reading 13 > questions. > > Def needs a re-read. fairly confusing first time > around.” > > This is getting painful already… I kind of went over it again…finally got frustrated and skipped it for now…I am moving to Econ and going to come back to SS13, perhaps will need to read CFAI Material over Schweser for this one.

March 15? Did you mean April 15? I just finished SS12 tonight, you guys have me scared about starting 13 tomorrow.

Reading 13 in the CFAI book’s actually wasn’t as bad as you guys made it out to be. I actually found the reading 12 on multiple regression a little heavier for some reason. Who knows though I’ll probably wind up getting pounded on June 6 anyway.

Help guyz…i have done ethics up till now…i am not able to concentrate for some reason…during week days i am too tired to concentrate after work and my gym workouts and at week ends th feeling of studying at all duriong weekdays gets over me…in fact iam totally … any suggustion regarding effective study schedule during week days and week end ? how have u guyz planned ur cfa studies over the week?

Work out in the morning (5am). Go to work. Come home and study a few hours. Give up all social life on the weekends and study all day if need be. That is what I do. That’s all there is to it. Either do it or quit. You don’t want to be looking back in August saying “…Damn, I wish I had spent more time studying instead of _____ing ______.”

I’m with McLeod, it basically comes down to the decision to just not be a p*ssy about it and get it done. I set a goal of 50 pages a day that I know I need to meet in order to have 2 months to review (started in mide Feb). I don’t go to sleep each night until I get it done. It’s caused some 3am weeknights with some horrible days at work, but I’m cutting through material like noones business while retaining it,and that’s enough to keep me motivated. One key is to judge your reading progress on pages not hours like some people do. Because in the end, the CFA exams don’t care how many hours you put in, they do care about how well you’ve covered the material. Regardless everyone else here is busting their @ss to make sure you’re in the bottom 60%, not them. So it basically comes down to either step up or step out. Also, like McLeod, my social life was the first casualty in this process and that was a decision I made early in the game.

Thank you Mcleod and Black swan …i agree that there is no other way out…i must give up my social life for the coming three months … i have always counted hours rather than pages or chapters…and i have never been satisfied with my progress that way…i gives a false sense of security…i think i should try using the chapter approach for a change… are u guyz doing all end of the chapter questions of CFAI text? or u r saving them for revision days?

That’s a just a matter of preference and learning style as well as overall grasp of the material. Some people save them for review periods, some do them all, I do all of them while I’m reading, and then revisit the topics I struggled with including the questions during the review period. Totally you’re call, glad to see you stepping up to the plate man, lets get this thing done.

Yes…lets get this thing Done!!!