Oh, Schweser you little slut

So as always I bought Volume I and II from the fine folks at Kaplan because they are tricky enough that not doing well wont bruise my ego and will hit on a lot of minutia that could be on the test. Every level I start with doing book 1 because it generally is a lot easier than two. This year, I decided to start with the hard part first and started with book II and what do you know, book II is considerably easier than I, which is pretty hard actually. Oh Schwesie, you just always keep me guessing.

I have also felt that book 1 is harder than book 2 this year.

I meant that book two is considerably EASIER than book one.

have taken all 3 exams in book one, but only exam 1 in book 2…my 3 PM session scores in book 1 were 72, 83, 75 and my score in book 2 exam 1 was 75, so pretty consistent there… i will plan on taking the other ones next week

I’ve heard exam book 2 is not that relevant to the actual exam and might actually throw you off track… Is this true? Would you recommend book 2 exams if I have the time to take some if not all of them?

My attitude towards the exam books this year is to use them as practice problems instead of Q-bank. I think they did a poor job of replicating the test, especially the written IPS stuff.

The AM sessions in Book 2 are terrible. I don’t think they are very accurate at all. They are very different from all of the past AM sessions CFAI has online, so what’s the point? I’d rather have accuracy to the real thing than this. If I could have those 18 hours back I would use them on Q-Bank or other review. Book 1 is good though.

Sebrock, that’s basically what I’m doing as well… of course I would love to see passing scores but its more about getting practice and finding my weak spots. I did qbank already but still need a lot of practice on certain things. And I’m sorry but lol @ thinking you would have been better off doing qbank vs Book 2, some of the questions are downright poor in qbank and the point of all of this is to help us work on our weaknesses, not replicate the exam. I wouldn’t chose Vol 2 over CFAI materials but there’s no reason not to use them all if you have the time.