"Oh, you'll be fine!"

Ho don’t worry, we’ll be fine …

There’s a follow-up quote that I’ve been getting lately it’s: “Be careful not to over study…”

illcaprice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There’s a follow-up quote that I’ve been getting > lately it’s: > > “Be careful not to over study…” I want someone to tell me WTF this REALLY means? Don’t over study, what a bunch of bullcrap.

people say it all the time, then you tell em its 36% pass rate and they say “oh, sorry, I didnt know” this is some serious shi@@@! I hope everyone here passes, honestly. next year, we’ll be on the Level II board

Can we take as long as we want to pass all three?

Someone should pull put past pass rates from AF. I watched the December Exam Thread, it was definately higher than a ~30% pass rate. Suggestion to AF Moderator, have a way to pool pass/fail rates among members of your board. It would be something to have a statistical 70% member pass rate.

Does everyone report back though? Not sure if I was answering all the questions right on here I would want to say I failed…

Amber, I think you can take as long as you want now. It use to be 7 year time limit.

Thanks, IF I pass this one I don’t think I can manage studying for Level 2 when the new baby is due this December. But then it will be awful trying to catch back up and do #2 the next year, bleh.

wow this post has read my mind. Unlike university, which we have “midterms”, there is no such thing here. Everything is clamped together which really blows your head up. I won’t be surprised if I failed. I’ll pass, just not sure if it will be on the first try.

Given 35% pass rate, 15% of the population on analyst forum, a joint probability of 70%, whats the probability you pass given you are on analyst forum… thats the first thing that came to my head… kill me now…

Make sure you get a good night’s sleep and have a good breakfeast. Then you will do fine.

You think 15% of people taking it are on here? Just lurkers cashing in on our smarts!

Bump!

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am tired to hear it as well Strangedays, I hate to ask, but did you sit in June?

LOL, I was like "I know I will be fine (doesn’t matter whether I PASS or FAIL)

I keep telling me, there is June 2009. Never mind the countless hours after work, the wired explanations to not show up at company events or parties. Since, apparently, everybody is so sure I’ll just do fine, I stop studying and enjoy the week off work, not. These people don’t have ANY idea at all how hard this is. I am with you. CFAI should send out post cards saying: “I already know about that passing thing. I am an alpha male/female!” I would certainly know how to put these to good use.

I thought I was going to punch my sister-in-law over the weekend. (She’s a therapist, which is always awesome at family functions…) She kept saying that there’s no way I would fail as much as I have studied. I wanted to tell her that she’s going to feel like a big A$$ in Jan. if I do, in fact, fail.

i’m sooo sick of hearing this! i would really like to tell them to take it and see how it is. and i hate ppl saying that its easy. like, wtf, its not easy ok? stop pretending to be smart. maybe thats why only CFA charter pursuers “get it” and thats why there’s the whole “bond” thing between charter holders.

A therapist … wow… i feel really bad for you already