Oil and Gas

Anyone who might be in O&G industry (research, corp. finance, IB etc)…specifically in E&P…could you pls. get in touch with me at sparty419@gmail.com. I have a few questions about it. Appreciate it.

I actually would like to get some information on how to analyze this sector i.e. building models, analyzing financials, what to look for while reading reports etc.

Hey Sparty, I know Wall Street Prep has a decent Oil & Gas Financial Modeling course that you could take to help you get started.

hey thanks kcin…i’ll look into that… are there any available books or guides that can help shed some more information in the sector? I have been looking at research reports…but they are all mostly sell side stuff but learning about the industry first will definetely make the job easier…

Penwell Publishing books and magazines

That’s an informative site…thanks…very helpful.

No problem. Is there a particular area or region of oil and gas you’re interested in? The different plays can be quite diverse.

Deutsche Bank published a 400 pg primer in Jan 08 called “Oil and Gas for Beginners” That is the most comprehensive source of information I have seen…it starts way back with Standard Oil and basically brings you up to present day. Get a hold of that and you’ll be all set.

Hey Aliman, I am looking to get into E&P…mostly in the Asian region…so I want try an do an in-depth industry analysis of these types of companies in the region… And Jbis, would you have the document on you ? I’ll try to look into it anyway…appreciate it…

Hi Jbis, I tried searching for the Deutsche Bank report, doesn’t show up on any of the search engines or on their website. Pls. email me at sparty419@gmail.com if you know where I could get it. Thanks.

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually would like to get some information on > how to analyze this sector i.e. building models, > analyzing financials, what to look for while > reading reports etc. I’ll sell you a model for $500…

The books Crude and Oil 101 are pretty good reads…although maybe not exactly what you’re looking for.

Yea sure CanadianLoco…I am willing to spend $500. Do you want my banks details and account info and maybe my credit card number too? Shoot me an email then

@naturallight…I think I just saw that, will be going over it during the weekend, looks pretty basic, so should definitely help me with some aspects of the industry.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Deutsche Bank published a 400 pg primer in Jan 08 > called “Oil and Gas for Beginners” > > That is the most comprehensive source of > information I have seen…it starts way back with > Standard Oil and basically brings you up to > present day. Get a hold of that and you’ll be all > set. Does anybody happen to have this document? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could pass it along to: CarpeCFALII@gmail.com Thanks!