Ok, so you guys failed....

sometimes in sentences sometimes not

i did as many morning questions I could get my hands on

great thanks :slight_smile: … funny how things went, i solved 2007-2011 morning sessions and I did pretty well on all portfolio ind/intit questions however i got below 50 in both in AM :slight_smile: i have no clue what went wrong… guess ill wait for CFAI to release the exam and its answer sheet.

^

I remember seeing your posts and replies and I really thought you would pass it…

God I just hope that CFAI still tells me my results even if they void it…

I thought I was well prepared. i left the exam with the feeling I passed it. I reopened the email three time and it was like I was looking at the results of someone else not mine. almost convinced that I had pass this thing.

maybe I fell for all the tricks. and I did not numbered my answer clearly in am session. it’s over and done. lets look at the future.

in short I am with you viceroy. it is still relatively fresh in our head. so a quick refresh make it stick into memory better I hope.

I left 1 question completely empty and I messed up in question 7. However the rest was OK … I’m shocked but who cares? results are out; no time for depression and im definitely not giving up. I felt pretty prepared I was hoping to score better in PM however i messed up too :slight_smile: not sure what went wrong but what im sure of is im never using schweser again :slight_smile:

^

good luck friend. I am with you next year

^ I hope they dont cancel ur scores and ull pass :slight_smile: hopefully ull just get a warning. Best of luck

@Viceroy: Feel somewhat less depressed seeing your determination to suffer through L3 again… Band 7 fail and still reeling somewhat and hugely down about having to throw away another 6 months at least… but your attitude is awesome. Good luck.

Same boat as you Bilal. I went out of the AM session feeling confident and the results came out horribly. Did they not understand my handwriting? Or were my answers too summarised (I wrote in point forms)!

I have no clue what to do to pass this thing. I know i did well in port questions but i ended up scoring less than 70 in most port questions. If it’s not point forms then what else can it be?

I was a band 10 fail last year and passed this year. i’ll start by saying that everyone has their own way of learning that works for them. With that out of the way, i dont’ think it’s wise to start studying now. maybe review some notes every now and then to keep key formulas and concepts fresh but that’s all i would do. I thought the key to it was have a very concentrated study plan. It’s hard to remember something for 8 months to the degree of specificity that the morning section requires. I tried to gradually ramp my studying up as the test got closer with the final month being extemely intensive. I started in jan and gradually worked through the textbooks, blue boxes, and EOC problems. That left me all of May to review and take practice exams. Either way, good luck to anyone taking it again next year.

For all us who plan to try again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JnYcuRW_qo

Well I will be taking L3 for first time next year and I started casually reading. Am through the second reading in Vol 2. Just like last year, I avoided fatigue by starting slowly and then I really ramped my pace in March. Trying to get enough of this drilled into my head so that the concepts are second nature to me. Especially the more subjective / dry readings.

So feel free to start posting q’s. Us newbies can only benefit form your experience having taken the test.

Rightly said Andynyc.

all you guys who are not giving up - I respect your courage and determination. Plz enlighten us with your questions on the topics you study and share your experiences…so that we neebies can learn from them and not repeat the same mistakes !

Does anybody know whether there is an early re-registration discount? If so when is the deadline? Thank you very much…forgive me for asking about info that can be found in google :-/

I’m impressed with your attitude, guys. Try to take a break before you start studying again - it’s a marathon, not a sprint.

first earliest deadline is 19th Sept –

Thanks cpk…are you gonna do it again?

I think cpk passed it a while ago. His very clear and helpful explanations have helped many candidates including me pass CFA exams over the years.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I think Viceroy has it right. I actually think burnout is mostly a myth and very akin to being “kind of tired”.

Most dec L1 candidates take L2 on the next June - they study the whole year and a lot of them do OK. How often do you see L2 candidates balming fail on burnout?

If you had a really tough year in your job and your boss ask you to a new tiresome project you’ll probably never say “I can’t, boss. Burned out. Gotta take a nap now”

Studying right now Viceroy will actually keep his current knowledge while having many more months of preparation. He can probably aim to be ready by january and start to get 70s and up on mocks by them.

Most people start in january/february, then come may and they’re not even getting 70s yet. If life gets in the way (makes the candidate lose a bunch of study hours) or if the exam asks about one’s weakpoints, said candidate may be screwed - way more risky than the oh-so-dreaded burnout.