Ok, so you guys failed....

…Me too, band 6.

I don’t even feel like telling my story as to why I think I failed, what’s done is done.

And honestly, I am not even feeling miserable, I am actually pretty boosted right now for 2013.

So I say let’s stop being bitches and start being focused already.

Right now the 2012 curriculum is 2 months behind us. This means that if we start studying soon, and by soon I mean as soon as we can, it’s a matter of only a couple of months of *casual* study before the 2012 curriculum is fresh in our minds again. Add to that say, 20% at most (maybe somebody has a better figure on that) of new material for 2013, and we can *easily* have chewed the entire 2013 curriculum by X-mas.

Then it means 6 months of doing EOCs again and mocks. This is my strategy, and there many other viable ones.

My point is, I am not waiting until 2013 to start again. We have a monster edge right now.

So, let’s cut the bullshit. Who’s with me ?

waaaaaaaay too early, ur gonna burn out…take a vacation, and start back up in November (at earliest)

^^

No way. Having the curriculum still relatively fresh in my mind is too valuable an asset.

Memory decay is exponential, and by november what is forgotten will be huge in comparaison to now.

hey Viceroy, i got band 6 aswell , care to compare?

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 27 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Execution 21 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 17 * - - 5 Economics 24 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Institutional 34 - * - 7 Fixed Income Investments 23 * - - 8 Derivatives 13 * - - 9 Derivatives 12 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 * - -

Hi Alladin, I’m not sure that it is relevant at this point, but here you go. We both got destroyed in the AM. In my case it didn’t help that I didn’t open the last book about execution & what not. You seem to have done well for yourself in PM session. But fuck that. So are you with me ? Are you going to start studying soon ?

Essay Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% 1Portfolio Management - Individual27*-- 2Portfolio Management - Individual9-*- 3Portfolio Management - Execution21*-- 4Portfolio Management - Individual17-*- 5Economics24–* 6Portfolio Management - Institutional34*-- 7Fixed Income Investments23*-- 8Derivatives13-*- 9Derivatives12*–

Item Set Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments18–* -Equity Investments18*-- -Ethical & Professional Standards36–* -Fixed Income Investments18-*- -Portfolio Management18*-- -Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation18-*- -Portfolio Management - Individual18-*- -Portfolio Management - Performance Eval.18–* -Portfolio Management - Risk Management18–*

*********************************************************************************

If i go into the L3 exam next year with the same mentality i had for 2012 i might just as well save the registration money…so i think it is a no go for me…all the best for your next attempt though. Viel Glueck!

I like your attitude Viceroy. I am a second time passer, but last year I was band 3!

Everyone is different, but I think the above comment has some merit. I actually started studying again after the Christmas holiday. For me, I felt like if i had a better, more concise study plan it would work out.

Amazingly I went from Band 3 to passing fairly convincingly because I think I had a better game plan along with 300+ hours from last year.

Basically I read the text and solved the EOC problems from Jan - April. In April I skimmed every page and made sure to work out every blue box so I would be prepared to start taking Mock Exams/Past Exams in May. When I was in May, I would work through Mock exams slowly during the weekdays and redo EOCs/Blue boxes and making note cards. Each weekend in the month of May I worked through one full mock exam/past exam on Saturday and Sunday. I only took a full 6 hour mock exam the weekend before the real exam because I felt like I had enough “game day” experience doing it 3 times already.

Don’t give up, you’re almost there. Best of luck!

I don’t get it. I don’t know about your mentality for 2012 but you can’t change it for 2013 ? So you’re just gonna quit ?

I don’t know how to explain…but nothing is set in stone.

Hey Viceroy. I like your attitude. I was in the same boat as last year, Band 6 fail. I took the same approach to this year as you are to 2013. I read all the cirriculum by December. Re-read the big sections (individual and institutional portfolio management, behavioral, execution and performance eval.) 4 times before it was all said and done. I did all the EOCs and Blue Boxes at least twice between January and April. My entire May was spend with old exams, mocks and practice exams. All the hard work paid off this year. One thing I think you should add to your study plan is the Creighton University Bootcamp. I think the insight and tactics taught by Mr. LeFebvre to handle the A.M. essay questions is priceless.

Good luck!

Well, whatever you decide, don’t forget that we have an edge right now. Also, don’t forget that quitting now that we have gone that far is likely something that we would regret for a long time.

Good luck.

Txs for input, guys, interesting to hear stories of failure that turn into success.

I’m going to log off now, and start skimming through my 2012 notes. Yes, I just wrote that.

Cheers and congrats to those who passed.

^^ Im in the same boat. I will start hitting the books hard on sep 1st. I used schweser last year and did CFAI EOC … however im not going to use anything except for CFAI textbooks for this year. I know the material so its going to be a bit faster in terms of reading and solving.

September - December Reading and Making Notes + Blue Boxes

January - Februay Second Reading + EOC

March - April Revision Blue Boxes + EOC + Old Mocks

May - Schweser Mocks + CFAI Mocks

Any suggestions?

You guys are brave. Applause is deserved

insane determination and dedication…

Hey man,

What format did you use while writing the answers in the morning session? I felt i used the same format they used in the previous AM exams… Im sure i lack something there… Any help is appreciated.

i wrote in all point form if that helps , quick statements. right to the point

Short complete sentences in bullet points?

rape that shit next year

I always started in Dec/Jan, starting it now will just burn you out