Okay, L2's passing rate this year

Will be a lot higher than last years, mainly because CFA wants to show how useful it is that they’ve included the books in the exam fee. Therefore, my guess: 55% of total L2 takers will pass this year. Of the regulars here, 95% will pass if not higher.

I believe the same. I hope they make the exam easier. I study so much,… and i am still afraid that i am going to fail.

Everyone is, I am.

Don’t think it’ll be easier, they just lower the minimum passing score to well below 70

42% Call it a hunch…

I know that I am ready, but still L2 scares the Sh!t out of me. I think CFAI might make the exam easier this year. They seem to be leaning that way with the announcement of the 3-answer multiple choice that they are offering next year…

35% pass rate for L2 this year imho.

pass rate = 45-50% based on mean reversion

Flip side is the buggers at CFAI penalise everyone who didn’t use their text and throw in the most obscure topics not covered properly by Schweser/Stalla - hope this is not the case as I am using Schweser for 85% of topics. I love a good conspiracy theory though!

Last year was 40% and i think that a big portion 20% are no shows and at least another 30% if not more are repeats. That makes the passing score from the first time i think around 20-30%

"Last year was 40% and i think that a big portion 20% are no shows " You have to sit and complete both exams to be counted in the passing rate.

really? I thought they consider no shows as fails

Nope. You need to take both portions. After I took Level 1, people were leaving in between tests and thats when I found out you need to sit and take both portions to be counted as having sat at all.

this discusssion is pointless you can speculate all you want - maybe it’ll make you feel better or worse… this is one of those risks…that just CANNOT be hedged…(eeks…I’ve been CFAized)

47%… if i’m right i deserve to pass.

So then it’s a priced risk right??? mumukada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this discusssion is pointless > > you can speculate all you want - maybe it’ll make > you feel better or worse… > > this is one of those risks…that just CANNOT be > hedged…(eeks…I’ve been CFAized)

fuck em all

i agree mean reversion probably indicates around 48-50%

Why would the CFAI need to change passing rates to prove their point, its their material, their certification, their texts, they can do what the heck they want and don’t need to prove anything to anyone.

slightly higher than last year… probably 45%