On a Saturday, here I am..

sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks > > how many hours do you spend on it a day (on > average)? > > What functions do you generally use for it? > > For analysis, what websites do you usually use > besides Reuters? > > Also, what publications do you have to read on a > weekly basis? Not much more than an hour a day I’d say. Whatever information I need I know exactly what to look for beforehand and don’t waste time finding it. Besides, I try to limit my Bloomberg usage as the terminal is not that close to my workstation and moving files within the drives is a pain. I use it mostly for insiders info, upcoming events, news, M&A info, etc. Nothing too uncommon. Reuters: I meant I use the Reuters workstation, not the website. That I have on my terminal and althought not that user friendly, can be powerful when properly set-up. Websites I check are: www.globeandmail.com www.bloomberg.com www.reuters.com finance.yahoo.com These are the major ones that I visit 3-4x a day to read stories / stay up to date. Besides, I don’t *have* to read weekly publications, even though if I get my hands on the Economist, I will surely read it.

Still at my desk…

please tell me you’re on the west coast

Nope. Chicago. Big report for Monday. I am S-T-I-L-L at work… My wife is on her way to pick me up finally.

mcthorp, I left you a vm and an email last week. No reply? Also, your work hours are insane. I don’t know what you or your team are doing, but those are ridiculous hours. Do they actually have you working on something meaningful? Personally, unless you are attending some type of industry conference or trade show, I can’t think of anything you could be doing that is so important that requires you to be in the office through Saturday night, unless you missed the whole week of work or something. Seriously, if I were in your situation I would personally just say that it’s not an investment banking position, you don’t get comped like a banker, so you should not be working banker hours. (actually, I’ve said this before at a time when my hours weren’t even as bad as yours)

Alayle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sternwolf Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > thanks > > > > how many hours do you spend on it a day (on > > average)? > > > > What functions do you generally use for it? > > > > For analysis, what websites do you usually use > > besides Reuters? > > > > Also, what publications do you have to read on > a > > weekly basis? > > Not much more than an hour a day I’d say. Whatever > information I need I know exactly what to look for > beforehand and don’t waste time finding it. > Besides, I try to limit my Bloomberg usage as the > terminal is not that close to my workstation and > moving files within the drives is a pain. > > I use it mostly for insiders info, upcoming > events, news, M&A info, etc. Nothing too > uncommon. > > Reuters: I meant I use the Reuters workstation, > not the website. That I have on my terminal and > althought not that user friendly, can be powerful > when properly set-up. Websites I check are: > > www.globeandmail.com > www.bloomberg.com > www.reuters.com > finance.yahoo.com > > These are the major ones that I visit 3-4x a day > to read stories / stay up to date. Besides, I > don’t *have* to read weekly publications, even > though if I get my hands on the Economist, I will > surely read it. Sounds like you hace an interesting gig. Sorry to be so hot under the collar, but as I said, be happy your doing well. Halifax does suck, except for partying, but it takes $$$ to party alot right. I’m looking at Calgary right now, I won’t be doing what I want to do there, but hey, that ain’t gonna happen any time soon. I’m now in the "over"educated, "under"experienced crowd. Sigh

Hey numi! Thanks for the vm and email: I’ve been tied up recently, but would like to get in touch sometime this week. Congrats on your move now that it’s official. I took Friday off while we were launching a huge report that was published Monday. It shouldn’t have taken nearly as long as it did, but I also had 11 other notes to get out, all of which had to be published concurrently… I was in the office for 3 hours Friday night, and from 3p Saturday through 10p Sunday, minus a couple hours where I met my wife and kid for lunch. Needless to say, I slept all day Monday, so it somewhat evened out; however, I am now even more interested in discussing my prior issues. Thanks, mcthorp

You have to do expense reports? That’s bogus. Well, I guess everyone must pay their dues somehow, but that seems odd.

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey numi! Thanks for the vm and email: I’ve been > tied up recently, but would like to get in touch > sometime this week. Congrats on your move now that > it’s official. > > I took Friday off while we were launching a huge > report that was published Monday. It shouldn’t > have taken nearly as long as it did, but I also > had 11 other notes to get out, all of which had to > be published concurrently… > > I was in the office for 3 hours Friday night, and > from 3p Saturday through 10p Sunday, minus a > couple hours where I met my wife and kid for > lunch. > > Needless to say, I slept all day Monday, so it > somewhat evened out; however, I am now even more > interested in discussing my prior issues. > > Thanks, mcthorp no problem…happy to chat whenever it’s convenient. i’m pretty busy through this weekend but maybe sunday if that works for you, just let me know. hopefully things are less hectic for you this week