on average, how many full-on practice examinations are you going through?

it seems like alot of people are going through ROUNDS of full - thru practice examinations…how much is enough and how much is the MINIMAL>?

I’m not. I took the 2010 mock and that’s it. In place of doing additional mocks I am doing a TON of CFAI EOC questions.

Are you focusing on the CFAI EOC vignettes or basically everything?

Vignettes first. Once I’ve exhausted those I will try to do as many of the other problems as possible. So although I am not really take another true mock exam I will pretty much take like 2 of them by doing all the vignettes.

Agreed, but I wonder how reflective CFAI EOC vignettes are of the real exam, I heard that the real thing is usually much harder.

My advice would be to make sure whether your supposed to use Market Value or Book Value, Nominal or Real Interest Rates, required return, expected return, YTM. Really simple stuff on the exam your gonna see like 2 or 3 number you can use for a formula. The EOC vignettes are super detailed in one questions but on the test your more likely to see like 3 mini sets per vignette where you can start to get your number mixed up. Its more like too much information and easy/vague questions. Not really to many plug n chug type problems but easy stuff where you debate which variables to plug in. hope that helps

2010CFACFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed, but I wonder how reflective CFAI EOC > vignettes are of the real exam, I heard that the > real thing is usually much harder. That’s usually the case I think. A lot of people thought that the CFAI might have ratcheted up the difficulty level because of the 3 answer option format (trying to balance things out). The general consensus was that they made it a little too hard. I think the passing rate was like 41%. Close to an all time low.

I’ve completed 11. I’m doing my 12th today (Schweser Mock) and will just focus on reviewing videos/notes until exam day.

Completed Book 1 Exams 1-3 Book 2 Exam 1 CFAI mock I am planning to stip out the core areas from Book 2 Exam 2 and 3; FRA, Eq, PM and complete them and then complete some EOC questions I have not done yet.

Completed: Schweser Book 1 Exams 1-3 Schweser Book 2 Exams 1-2 2009 CFAI Mock 2010 CFAI Sample 1 Doing 2010 Sample 2 today and Mock Tomorrow. After that I am just reviewing questions I missed and doing the EOC Vignettes on the areas in which I lack.

20 Qbank exams Schweser book 1+2 ( 12 Exams I think) Sample Exams 1-3 (2009) CFA Mock 2009 am/pm Doing CFA Mock 2010 right now.