only 138000 taking june, uh oh

why so low? maybe people don’t like wasting money? tests too hard?

So there are more candidates than Charterholders this year (probably was true last year too).

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So there are more candidates than Charterholders > this year (probably was true last year too). wasn’t there 200K+ last june, I thought I read that…

i wonder what are they going to do with the $138,000,000 they’re taking in?

is this only for level 1? Or is this in total?

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is this only for level 1? Or is this in total? total, look at cfai site

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-02/cfa-exam-draws-record-139-900-as-asia-applicants-increase-12-.html A record 139,900 candidates enrolled for the Chartered Financial Analyst exam in June, an increase of 9 percent from last year as applicants seek a hiring edge in the recovering financial-services industry. The number of registrations rose 12 percent in Asia, 9 percent in Europe and 5 percent in the Americas

Yep, looks like more and more people sign up for this thing. Probably be 150k for the december exam I wonder how many are sitting for the june exam in the U.S.? More and more candidates each year.

what hiring edge are they referring to? Tell all the unemployed CFA charterholders that…designation has done nothing for me personally other than getting oohs and ahh’s at dinner parties/work functions

Maybe not much of an edge if you think of an edge as something that will virtually guarantee you an interview… which maybe once was the case: “Ooohhh, look! This person is a CFA charterholder, we’d better interview them.” I think it is more the kind of thing that is being used increasingly as a preliminary filter in competitive job markets.

How thick is a pile of 138,000 scantron test sheets?

Chinese/Asian culture of standardized exams obviously makes the ‘CFA’ a ‘must have’ and one a ‘failure’ without it. Also helps overcome other professional, networking, personality shortfalls. Rising expectation of living standards, extreme competitiveness of jobs can only lead to increasing enrollment.