Only 16,918 people took the level 3 exam in 2008

Interesting. http://schweser.com/downloads/brochures/cfa_fact_sheet_2008.pdf

Actually, the CFAI website says 14,569. Maybe it provided for absent candidates… http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/pdf/1963-2008A_candidate_examination_results.pdf

That’s it, it says CFA Candidates on the schweser sheet. So now we know the no show rate. L1: 62,045 registered, 44,063 turned up (29% no shows), 15,311 passed (25% of those reg’d) L2: 40,579 reg’d, 33,449 turned up (18% no show), 15,243 passed (38%) L3: 16,918 reg’d, 14,569 turned up (14% no show), 7,720 passed (46%) I’m surprised by the amount of L2 and L3 no shows, though L1 you’d expect about that many.

Chris, Don’t forget a no show for afternoon session counts as overall no show. However, your point still stands.

I was no show this year. Simply ran out of time (work and travel too much) and didn’t want to waste a day. Yeah, I know, always a chance you’ll luck out, but didn’t want that to be my legacy … haha.

good luck for 2009, SteelerFan. and good luck playing the Texans this Sunday…it aint going to be as simple as it looks.

This is a good thing. I’m hoping that because only 7,720 passed Level III I might actually be able to read my name in the Financial Times using binoculars rather than a microscope.

I sat alone for level 2. Do they list all the people who passed level 3? Or only those that receive charters?

Only those who receive the Charter.

SteelerFan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was no show this year. Simply ran out of time > (work and travel too much) and didn’t want to > waste a day. Yeah, I know, always a chance you’ll > luck out, but didn’t want that to be my legacy … > haha. =========================== that is impressive

You know what, not that many women take the CFA exam according to the stats (28%). However, when I took the CFA exam in NY, I always think that its half women. Will there be a lot of Level 3 candidates in NYC taking the test this year?

A trained eye notices women, but ignores nerds. That’s why you think there were lots of them.

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A trained eye notices women, but ignores nerds. > That’s why you think there were lots of them. so tru

Maybe in NYC the ratio is closer to 50% women. I bet in China there are very few women taking it.

Not true. I took the exam in China, and its at least 40% women. CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe in NYC the ratio is closer to 50% women. I > bet in China there are very few women taking it.

It is surprising the difference between the number of people that write Level 2 and Level 3… I always had assumed that the big shake out was from Level 1 to 2 and that if you had made Level 1, you would likely eventually get through. Clearly I am wrong. Based on the numbers above, it seems that many people get stuck at Level 2. Glad I didn’t see these numbers before!

I remember when I took Level 2 in NJ, there were a few girls in my section and they were hot. They were wearing those kinda tight sweatpants, I was practically smacking myself to not focus on them and think about foreign currency translation