Opening for Research Analyst position in Riyadh

One of the reputed investment banks in Middle East has an opening for a position of research analyst (sell side) in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). In case anyone is interested please mail your upcated CV to gaurav.kumar1402@gmail.com Please note that they will prefer prior experience in equity research report writing and preparation of dcf models and corporate finance models is required. Please don’t forward your CV in case you lack relevant experience.

Good luck getting anyone to live in Saudi Arabia!

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good luck getting anyone to live in Saudi Arabia! Why? If you are keen for an adventure, it would be a great move for a couple of years. Living and working in a different country and culture can be a great education.

Normally I’d agree with you, but Saudi’s version of “culture” is based on misogyny and intolerance. Most of the people on this forum would shy away from that. However every man has his price and 100-150k tax-free doesn’t sound too bad when weighed against the unemployment line :slight_smile:

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nirjraina Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good luck getting anyone to live in Saudi > Arabia! > > > Why? If you are keen for an adventure, it would be > a great move for a couple of years. Living and > working in a different country and culture can be > a great education. HK, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Mumbai even Dubai, yes. Riyadh, why would anyone want to spend time there, especially if they weren’t Arab?

ok, now how do i send my CV?

> > Good luck getting anyone to live in Saudi Arabia! Are you suggesting that those 10 million foreginers (about half the population) living there are different from AF people? I don’t buy this kind of nonsense.

i hear you can get your hand chopped off for shoplifting there…

…so don’t shoplift.

It would be an interesting place to live no doubt - although im freaked out after watching the Kingdom a few weeks ago!

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …so don’t shoplift. +1

I would agree that the rules and regulations there are very strict and the culture is also a bit different. Though the economy is expected to grow a lot and they are trying to make their economy less dependent on oil. I had posted the following message on one of the threads replying to the statement that “the financial markets are not open to overseas investors in Saudi Arabia”. I have received 2 - 3 mails regarding the position till now. If anyone is interested please do send across your CV. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The statement “Saudi Arabia financial markets are not open to foreign investors” is not correct. Please visit the SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency) website. http://www.sama.gov.sa/en/faq/ http://www.ameinfo.com/70555.html Also, look at the world bank report for the best places to do business. Saudi Arabia ranks 16th in 2009. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/BULGARIAEXTN/Resources/305438-1224088560466/DB09_Full_Report.pdf I do agree that the culture is different there but the financial markets have huge potential and they have cash (from oil and minerals).

djjk1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It would be an interesting place to live no doubt > - although im freaked out after watching the > Kingdom a few weeks ago! That was an awesome movie!

What’s sort of salary band are we talking here?