Opinions on this book?

“Equity Valuation: Models from the Leading Investment Banks” is a clear and reader-friendly guide to how today’s leading investment banks analyze firms. Editors Jan Viebig and Thorsten Poddig bring together expertise from UBS, Morgan Stanley, DWS Investment GmbH and Credit Suisse, providing a unique analysis of leading equity valuation models, from the very individuals who use them. Filled with real world insights, practical examples and theoretical approaches, the book will examine the strengths and weaknesses of some of the leading valuation approaches, helping readers understand how analysts: - estimate cash flows - calculate discount rates - adjust for accounting distortions - take uncertainty into consideration Written for investment professionals, corporate managers and anyone interested in developing their understanding of this key area, Equity Valuation: Models from the Leading Investment Banks will arm readers with the latest thinking and depth of knowledge necessary to make the right decisions in their valuation methodologies.

> UBS, Morgan Stanley, DWS Investment GmbH and Credit Suisse Surprised that list doesn’t include BS and LEH. Anyway, rather than look at 10 banks’ differing opinions on how to do DDM-based valuation, I’d spend my time with one of the classic valuation texts.

Just got this last night as an early X-mas gift from my bro. It looks pretty good. I actually started with one of the later sections from Damodaran and then plan to go back to the beginning and read through it. If you have already read some valuation texts you can skip part I of the book but the other sections still have a lot of value.

Nice. Looks similar to some of the other books though!