optimist twist for a friday afternoon!

I just read some solar company broke the $1 barrier to produce solar panels. That may not seem like big news to you but that is big news. I’d argue that we might not be having such tough times right now if energy prices hadn’t gone hyperbolic. This kind of cost breakthrough might pave the way for a more sustainable future boom. Hey? Didn’t obama say that? On a further note, I just ordered solar panels for my house. The net cost to me installed will be $1.75/watt. I’m self-installing. I have no gas appliances and live in a mild climate. I’ll have no utility bill for the next 30 years. I still have roofspace for panels for an electric car. FU saudi arabia!

Not to sounds hippy dippy, but that is pretty sweet. From someone who has gas appliances, lives in a brutal climate (at times), I am a tad jealous… With that said, my snowblower is so rad

solar panels can fulfill all your electricity use???

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FU saudi arabia! I just got a mental picture of a guy on a roof having just installed solar panels and shouting this at the neighborhood. That was great.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > FU saudi arabia! > > I just got a mental picture of a guy on a roof > having just installed solar panels and shouting > this at the neighborhood. That was great. actuallly u still need SA to power ur vehicles.

FU saudi arabia. FU GM/Ford. They’ll be crankin’ these guys out just 20 miles away from me! http://www.aptera.com Yes, a 5kw system, on my roof, in sunny s. cal, will take me off energy. I did spend quite a bit on some new energy efficient appliances, insulation and heat pump.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > FU saudi arabia! > > I just got a mental picture of a guy on a roof > having just installed solar panels and shouting > this at the neighborhood. That was great. same here. hahhah